Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@CaptPaul messaged me as I was MIA. Yep... been super busy at my archery range and just got back from Colorado. This was supposed to be the trip where I was going to spend some time Jeeping in Ouray and Moab, UT. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Hubby had spent a few years doing a resto-mod on a Honda CB70, and had arranged to meetup with some Honda forum members while we were in CO. This meant putting the bike on a trailer. I bought a hitch for my JK, but crunching the numbers, it just would not have been cost effective on the MPG, so we used his truck instead. I had wanted to rent a Jeep when we got there, but it just wasn't meant to be. I only had one window of opportunity, with day trips that had been planned. Being super tired from not sleeping, I chose to veg in Durango on that one day. Trying to offroad with no sleep would not have been wise.

We took the train from Durango to Silverton, and back; visited Purgatory resort; toured Mesa Verde and the Pueblo dwellings... lots of cool stuff.

And I did pick up this Jeep charm in Ouray. How stinkin' cute is this?!?!

I can definitely say I fell in love with Ouray and cannot wait to go back in my Jeep. It was very tempting to buy the "Black Bear Pass" and "Ophir Pass" stickers... but that's cheating. Instead, I will earn them. ;)

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
It was very tempting to buy the "Black Bear Pass" and "Ophir Pass" stickers... but that's cheating. Instead, I will earn them. ;)
Good girl!! :thumb:

Yeah I was wondering where you'd disappeared to. Don't blame you for wanting to stay in CO; it is simply gorgeous no matter the time of year. I'm thinking of taking a run up there next year for kind of a "working vacation" of sorts....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good girl!! :thumb:

Yeah I was wondering where you'd disappeared to. Don't blame you for wanting to stay in CO; it is simply gorgeous no matter the time of year. I'm thinking of taking a run up there next year for kind of a "working vacation" of sorts....
Do it! Now that I'm back in reality, kinda wishing I'd stayed there. Haha. But, with my Jeep. ;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Do it! Now that I'm back in reality, kinda wishing I'd stayed there. Haha. But, with my Jeep. ;)
I just got back from Ouray. I think we were there the same time. I had empty seats in my Jeep and was looking for a passenger to ride along....Glad you had fun though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ouray, that place is incredible! I wheeled in Aspen and then drove thru Ouray on the way home to Vegas. I heard all about Ouray but seeing it, wow. I need to make that jamboree very soon. The hardest question to answer was Moab vs Ouray and true jeepers have a hard time answering that question. There is no looser in that question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts