Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing terribly fancy. Ive really been wanting to get my doors up off the garage floor. I knew it was only a matter of time before my girls or I damaged them somehow.
I threw this together with materials I had laying around. The only thing I had to purchase was the Eye-Bolts.

Next up is a way to hang the soft top side windows and rear window. I already have a good plan. I'll update y'all when I get that done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
I can see that you would want to get them up away from the weight station ground zero.
Nice job!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You could have just hung them from the weight rack! My son, the powelifter would perhaps not agree . . .

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Easy enough, I might copy that too! I need all the room I can get.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great idea for the door hanger! The cleats for the windows is smart as well. I actually did the same thing for my windows, except out of wood. Mine is even in the same pattern on the wall!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brilliant idea. Can you give us some dimensions to duplicate, need this setup in my garage bad.
Here ya go!
I'd be willing to bet all TJ's are the same, but I'd still double check the 13" dimension between the hinges for the Eye bolts though.
Make sure you get that 3.5" lagbolt into a stud.

·
Registered
98 TJ 4.0 Auto, 97 TJ 4.0 Manual, 98 TJ 2.5 Manual
613 Posts
Here ya go!
I'd be willing to bet all TJ's are the same, but I'd still double check the 13" dimension between the hinges for the Eye bolts though.
Make sure you get that 3.5" lagbolt into a stud.
Hm that image didnt work for me. Would love to see the dimensions so i can build one too. Great ideas!

·
Registered
565 Posts
great project idea...hope you don't mind if I steal it!

just need to find enough space on one of the garage walls to do it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What are those metal rails from? I have my hanging with pants hangers right now but I like this idea.

It's aluminum J-mold.
We use it in the glass business for hanging mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts