Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am getting 35s and wanted to put it on the stock tg for time being. It won't be seeing much offroading for now until I get more items made up.

I Programmed this and laser cut it all out of 1/4 g crs. I am a certified welder so then welded it together. Then I powder coated it with black hammer. It raises the tire 1.5" and out 1.75"

I made 3 but only finished one Iv been busy. But when making the next one I will do a step by step.

Also all hardware is Military grade.

Let me know what you think please?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Nice skills! :thumb:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should have the steps I took plus pics up this week. Still can't believe how much they charge to buy them . I probably only spent $15 for 3 and it only takes me about 10 min to assemble

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks great. Excellent finish. I bet you could sell many of those on here if you wanted.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I think it looks great!

My only concern is that it does nothing to reinforce the stock carrier and tailgate. In fact, it MAY even make things worse due to the change in weight distribution.

35" wheels/tires aren't exactly light, and that stock carrier is a VERY weak component.

You should take those awesome fab skills and build a complete carrier! ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
It does look nice. But, like others have stated the factory setup is lacking for the big tires. So my question will only be answered over time, but the added leverage looks like it will make things worse. Is this a current concern, I know you stated you won't be offroading yet, but big potholes at speed make a heck of a bump.

Nice welds

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am doing that. Like I said in the beginning of the thread I am only doing this for time being no more than a month. I have drawings that I am programming when I have free time. Front and rear bumpers along with a stand alone tire carrier similar to the teraflex hd one.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
jeepedjeep said:
I am doing that. Like I said in the beginning of the thread I am only doing this for time being no more than a month. I have drawings that I am programming when I have free time. Front and rear bumpers along with a stand alone tire carrier similar to the teraflex hd one.
Excellent! Very cool... I can't wait to see the final products!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll sell it for 45 that's all . I know about the stock carrier it's not that strong. But for the all show no go this will fly I know. My carrier will be off road worthy I promise ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts