Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting around to making a build thread. I bought my '13 billet silver JKU in May 2013. I have to apologize in advance for the lack of pics early on. I would get busy work on stuff and wouldn't take the time to take them as I went.

I believe my first mod was some grab handles and husky floor liners. Nothing major. I then found a good deal on some used Rubi rails. Got'em, sanded them down, refinished them with some Durocoat spray bedliner and installed them. Sorry no pics at that time.

I took advantage of some Black Friday sales during Thanksgiving 2013 and ordered up some Ace Engineering rock sliders and their rear cargo basket. he cargo basket has come in real handy and the sliders make a great step. I also ordered some Inspired Engineering LED cubes with A pillar mounts, Inspired Engineering LED cube with factory fog light mounts, Trucklight LED headlights and an sPod. I love the Trucklight LED headlights. Makes a world of difference over the factory headlights.

I stepped it up a notch around the first of the year (January '14) and installed a Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel lift with Rancho 9000 shocks along with some Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers.

About 4 months later (May '14), due to my own fault, I experienced some death wobble. I originally torqued the front track bar but let it go to far before re-checking it. So, at this point I had to correct some slightly out of round bolt holes. I purchased the Synergy frame side front track brace and went ahead and also go their sector shaft brace. This required their front track bar. I also went ahead and got the Synergy steer stabilizer bracket which not only raised the steering stabilizer, but also reinforced the axle end front track bar mount bolt hole. I went ahead and installed the Northridge4x4 bolt upgrade kit at this time as well.

Late July '14 I purchased new Fuel Trophy wheels and 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs. I also purchased a Superchips Flashpaq to recalibrate afor tires and tune as well.

Well, Thanksgiving rolled around and I took advantage of some Black Friday pricing again. This time I purchased a JCR Crusader mid width front bumper with an Engo 10K synthetic line winch and Krawl Off-Road 10" Elite LED light bar. I also ordered a JCR Vanguard full width rear bumper with Krawl Off-Road Elite LED cubes. I also ordered some recovery straps and shackles.

So that's where it sits for now. As most every jeeper, I'm not done yet. Gotta recoup some funds and decide what will be next.

I have to give a HUGE thanks to Krawl Off-Road. I have continuously bugged Jason during this time period with questions about products, request for recommendations, and requests for pricing. He has been a very, very big help and is always timely in responding, respectful, and provided great pricing with great service. I highly recommend them.

I also received great pricing and customer service from Inspired Engineering, JCR Off-Road, and Northridge4x4 as well.

Also, I would like to thank all who have endured my posts asking questions, opinions and recommendations. I have received a lot of help from fellow members. I really appreciate it. A special thank you to Kjeeper10 for all your help and willingness to answer my PMs with answers to my questions.

I'll make a separate post with pics.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I said, I don't have any early pics. Between getting focused and not thinking to take pics and having 3 kids, it just didn't happen.

Lift Install
Parts laid out

Front in process of install with my helper

Rear in process of install

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install of bumpers, winch, and light bar/pods
Front bumper install in process

Front bumper, winch, and light bar installed

Rear bumper with cube lights installed

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Profile pic of my rig. Not the best pic, but hopefully there will be many more to come.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I also forgot...I need a name for my rig. A little background info that may help:

• All of my build info thus far is above
  • Last name is Griffin
  • Married with 3 kids
  • I'm a project manager for a commercial construction company
  • I graduated from Texas A&M University
  • I live in Texas but grew up in Arkansas
  • I like to hunt (rifle or bow, but really like bow)
  • I'm more reserved, laid back, quiet, easy going. Don't get loud, rowdy, or go crazy.
  • I've got decals that I had a guy make up a long time ago that match my avatar (just the arrow head in same color and is reflective).
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ummmm, with a name like Magoo it has to be McBarker !! Duh :D

Yea, most everyone thinks my username is Magoo. It's actually my initials and double zero. Texas A&M student and former student use the class year (graduating year) a bunch, so that's where my username comes from.

I wish there was a way where I could make the 00 look more distinguishable to be double zero. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I finally made a decision on an exhaust system. I chose the MagnaFlow cat back system #15237. While I was at it I also got an exhaust hanger removal tool. The tool was money well spent. It would have been a booger to get the hangers off of the existing exhaust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey was thinking about getting that exhaust. How did you end up liking it?
I like it a lot. Exhaust is now all tucked up and out of the way. Not loud. Does have some sound when going down the highway, but that all depends upon what gear your in at the moment.

All around....I really like it.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally getting around to further upgrades on my rig. I've been pestering folks on here for quite some time on gears, tires, etc., etc. I have to give a BIG shout out to Jason and crew at KrawlOff-Road.com. He has been more than helpful and patience with all of my questions, requests and more along the way.

Stuff has either arrived, shipped, or in process.
  • Currie VXR 60s (front & rear); includes shafts and tie rod
  • 4:88 gears
  • ARB compressor and lockers
  • PSC hydro assist steering package
  • Rock Krawler front upper control arms (already have the other RK arms)
  • Rock Krawler rear adjustable track bar
  • Krawl-Offroad front and rear 1350 drive shafts
  • Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.50x17
  • Spyderlock Beadlock wheels 5x5.5 - 17's (looking to powder coat black the wheel and leave the rock ring as machined aluminum)
Can't wait to get it finished.

By the way, I still need to name it. Ideas? You can see previous posts in this thread to get additional background.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome! Can't wait to see this one come together! Long time in the making!

-Jason
Me either Jason. And your right...long time in the making for sure. Thanks for all of your help and patience with my questions and ordering.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts