Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Magnaflow question

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  vanhalo 
#1 ·
Has anyone run the mangaflow off road pro cat back setup? If so, how does it sound inside? Is there a lot of loud drone on the freeways?

#2 ·
i run the Banks cat-back on all of my jeeps sounds good and lasts the one on the Rubicon has been on since 07 in ever winter and all the salt Md likes to use plus i plow with it.with that being said magna-flow is an excellent cat if you the stainless steel one it will out last your jeep but pricey

#5 ·
I was a little concerned about fumes, specifically crawling. Looks like I’ll just have to go all the way back with it. Oh well. Thanks Doug, for the input!

#11 ·
It drones even with a pipe out to the back of the Jeep. I have a Pypes high clearance cat back system and had to replace the muffler because the state inspector was a moron and failed the system due to no muffler. I will say the Magnaflow is slightly quieter than the Pypes and drones a bit less but it still drones.

There is exactly no physical difference between the appearance of the Magnaflow and the Pypes but I passed with the Magnaflow this time. (It might have helped that I had the box the Magnaflow came in that said Performance muffler on it in the Jeep)

#14 · (Edited)
Things I like about this exhaust

1. It opens up the space under the cargo area that I use for lighting...and I guess in the future I could add a secondary gas tank.
2. the aggressive sound...i actually like how it sounds
3. I like the aesthetics of my rear now.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: jshew1972
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.