Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep my Jeep running till 200,000+ miles. Besides changing oil, not doing very stupid things, and cleaning the undercarriage, what should one do in terms of maintenance to keep their Jeep in good working condition?

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Take care of the frame. Rust proofing inside and out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
razdds2 said:
I want to keep my Jeep running till 200,000+ miles. Besides changing oil, not doing very stupid things, and cleaning the undercarriage, what should one do in terms of maintenance to keep their Jeep in good working condition?
Like any vehicle.... Keep fluids full and new. Tranny flush, coolant flushed, keep fresh oil in it, keep everything greased, transfer case oil, front and rear diff clean and greased up. Etc. A big thing I see is people add accessories and have no idea what they are doing. Everything you do to it, to it "the right way" and take your time. jeeps are known for being easy to work on and lasting forever... At least they where.... Who knows with these JKs now.

·
Registered
856 Posts
If you are planning to keep the Jeep a long time, in addition to the previously mentioned keeping all the fluids changed(not just engine oil), I would spend the extra and run synthetic fluids. In the long run, I think you will save money in maintenance costs.

·
Registered
581 Posts
IMO, the #1 way to extend vehicle life is to:

*park it inside a garage when not in use*

·
Registered
879 Posts
start a savings account just for jeep repairs.

every part is replaceable
in theory, it can live forever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts