Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was checking my jeep bumper to bumper because im gonna do a long trip this weekend. And i found out a pretty small brake fluid drop and its coming from that aluminum piece i dont know the name of that but looks like the brake fluid distributor. Is this normal??? Or i might have to change the whole piece. I did try to make that nut tighter but it seems to be pretty tight allready.

Also i think my radiator will need a change pretty soon isnt? Those are minimal cracks but they seems kinda dangerous. Or i might be overreacting? Hahahaha thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That is the proportioning valve on your brake system. Not sure what kind of seal it may have. The radiator tanks are failing and it needs to be replaced. Common on plastic tank radiators that are getting older but you never know when the rupture will take place.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the proportioning valve on your brake system. Not sure what kind of seal it may have. The radiator tanks are failing and it needs to be replaced. Common on plastic tank radiators that are getting older but you never know when the rupture will take place.
Do you think that rad will hold at least 1000km more???
Im starting to think to upgrade the radiator for an aluminum do you think that is worth it?

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Im starting to think to upgrade the radiator for an aluminum do you think that is worth it?
I just replaced my second plastic-tank radiator with an all-metal Mishimoto. I was very impressed with the Mishimoto. Even the package it came in was impressive. And I don't get that "impressed" feeling too often.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Do you think that rad will hold at least 1000km more???
It might. Now that you know you have a potential problem, keep a close eye on it and change it as soon as you are able. All metal is good but make sure if you do, select a quality unit. Some of the cheaper ones don't dissipate heat as well as the higher quality units. If you don't want to spend the money on a high quality all metal, get a good stock replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts