Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo very first post!

Bought my jeep about 2 months ago and been knocking out maintenance to get it running full steam again and need ideas of what to do next?..

Airfilter
Valve cover
Oil cap
Oil change
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Cap&rotor
All lower levels I.e diffs/transmission/tcase
Fuel filter
Fuel cap
Ujoints
A few injector cleaners
Vacuum lines

Granted not all that needed to be done but its all just piece of mind..
Any thoughts of what to do next?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Lift, tires, bumpers, body work if need be, fix any bad spots on frame, under coat frame, drive line upgrades, engine mods.... it never ends.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lift, tires, bumpers, body work if need be, fix any bad spots on frame, under coat frame, drive line upgrades, engine mods.... it never ends.
Have a 2" lift with 31's.. I wanna add another 2-3 inches to fit 33's but I wanna make sure she's running like a ton before I start doing that

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Have a 2" lift with 31's.. I wanna add another 2-3 inches to fit 33's but I wanna make sure she's running like a ton before I start doing that
Do everything on your list and you should be good for a while. Also I might add... valve cover gasket, front and rear diff gasket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do everything on your list and you should be good for a while. Also I might add... valve cover gasket, front and rear diff gasket.
Yea everything I listed is what I've done already sorry if I didn't say that haha.. didn't think of diff gaskets... Damn I should of done that when I changed the fluid lol

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yea everything I listed is what I've done already sorry if I didn't say that haha.. didn't think of diff gaskets... Damn I should of done that when I changed the fluid lol
Oh well Haha. Just do it next time. Hows your frame look? Have you gotten a chance to really look under there and see any potential bad spots? If so get thoes taken care of right away before they become worse!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Your list is pretty good and comprehensive. You might check your front end suspension components and wheel bearings. Lube up all grease zerks you can see. Jack up your front wheels one at a time and grab the tire at 12 and 6 oclock and see if there is any excessive movement by pushing the tire in and out, top to bottom indicating bad wheel bearings.

You might also clean your battery terminals and smear a bit of dielectric grease on them for protection.

Other than that, drive the s**t out of it and enjoy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just use black rtv on my diff covers. No gaskets for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your list is pretty good and comprehensive. You might check your front end suspension components and wheel bearings. Lube up all grease zerks you can see. Jack up your front wheels one at a time and grab the tire at 12 and 6 oclock and see if there is any excessive movement by pushing the tire in and out, top to bottom indicating bad wheel bearings.

You might also clean your battery terminals and smear a bit of dielectric grease on them for protection.

Other than that, drive the s**t out of it and enjoy!

Haha thanks for the tips man! Yea i figured next I would do brakes then wheel bearings then upgrade suspension components and have it even that much more trail ready.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Flush the brake fluid if it is not clear it has moisture in it . Bad for wheel cylinders and calipers. I try and do it about every few years and never have problems.
Good long term maintanance practice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, I figured rather than start my own "tune-up" thread that I would tack onto this.

I just ordered an Omix-Ada tune-up kit from Amazon that includes Air Filter/Oil Filter/Fuel Filter/Spark Plugs/Spark Plug Wires/Distributor Cap/Ignition Rotor/PVC Valve.

My Jeep is on its 2nd engine and has about 110k on the current powerplant, 180k on the body.

What else should I be doing in the near future? Like the OP, I am not sure of how the truck was maintained by its previous owners. It did pass inspection, have an oil change, new battery, and have the alternator belt replaced before I picked it up.

I am not sure how to change diff fluids and that sort of thing...any ideas on what a shop would charge to give the whole truck a tune-up of this level?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You will be looking at a few hundred bucks to take it to a shop. Start up a thread and ask your questions and we all will help you out :bop:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts