Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Boys & Girls...have a '07 Jeep JKU 6SP Rubicon. 130K miles on it...slowly turning it into a full time toy (it is a work jeep now). She spends a lot of time in the back country for both pleasure & work. Reliability is key.

Headed towards 35s with a 3.5" lift (TBD) after I get tired of the saggy Mopar 2" springs.

I intend on keeping this a long time. I will taking a week of time to do an overhaul on it...so help me out with some guidance.

Which Parts should I use MOPAR Original?
Here is my list
- All hoses (radiator, heater)
- Serpentine belt
- Full Seals - Top, windsheild, rear gate & window
- All fluids (been running Amsoil fluids, going with Mopar Coolant)
- Spark Plug Wires (Plugs done @ 100k or so)
- PCV (Mopar)

Diffs
Cover or Diff Slider?
- Still on stock (and have hammered them out a number of times, no leaks however).

Engine Items
- Everything but water pump is original
- Clutch feels 'weak', but still going ok

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mopar on the heater hoses. I don't know how they are on the 3.8l but they are in some tite spots on the the 3.6l. The mopar hoses come with hose clamps that have clips to hold them open. Once you get the hose in place you just yank the clip off and the clamp closes.

Gates brand for the radiator hoses. They are actually a little thicker than stock.

Gates for the belt too.

Nothing but mopar for the top and door seals. I have used aftermarket and they are fine for the price. But the mopar are the latest design and work better.

Aftermarket PCV would probably be ok on the 3.8l. You 3.6l guys definitely want to stick to mopar.

Other than the things you already mentioned. Change ALL the fluids.

Brake hoses, and pads if you need them.

When you change the coolent, get new thermostat, and new radiator cap.

Keep some front wheel bearings on hand, my local auto parts doesn't have them. If you do the wheel bearings, do the ujoints too. They are pretty easy to find locally.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mopar on the heater hoses. I don't know how they are on the 3.8l but they are in some tite spots on the the 3.6l. The mopar hoses come with hose clamps that have clips to hold them open. Once you get the hose in place you just yank the clip off and the clamp closes.

Gates brand for the radiator hoses. They are actually a little thicker than stock.

Gates for the belt too.

Nothing but mopar for the top and door seals. I have used aftermarket and they are fine for the price. But the mopar are the latest design and work better.

Aftermarket PCV would probably be ok on the 3.8l. You 3.6l guys definitely want to stick to mopar.

Other than the things you already mentioned. Change ALL the fluids.

Brake hoses, and pads if you need them.

When you change the coolent, get new thermostat, and new radiator cap.

Keep some front wheel bearings on hand, my local auto parts doesn't have them. If you do the wheel bearings, do the ujoints too. They are pretty easy to find locally.
Not sure why my response didn't post...must have fat fingered it.

Anyhow - good suggestion on the coil. The PCV in the 3.8 engines are a finnicky bitch...needs to be version AD from Mopar, otherwise too much oil is likely to be consumed.

Brakes & pads - I have all new rotors (already have TF big rotor kit front, rear is to be installed) and will be installed EBC or Hawk pads (I forget which ones I bought).

I'm going all Mopar for seals, Tstat, and gaskets. Denso for wires, Delhpi for the coil, Gates for heater hose, Mopar for upper/lower radiator (but could go Gates on these too), Mopar belt, Mopar rear speed sensors, Standard Products (b/c that is all I can find) front ABS sensors...

I'll carry a crankshaft and camshaft sensor b/c I'd rather not replace those if I don't have to (although I did have some extended cranking only the last trip which could mean camshaft sensor...I think?)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts