Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 jku rubicon, doing 37x12.50x17 with a rc 3.5. Why does no one talk about rough country? I know there cheap, 499$, but that's more in budget for what I willl be doing. Then 4.88gears, c-gussets and tune. Should I be okay with these mods and I will trim pinch seems and fenders that's not a problem. Just want to make sure I do this right for my first jeep. List of mods one more time 12 jku rubicon with 3.5 rc lift, 37x12.50x17, trimming needed, c-gussets, tune, exhaust, 4.88 gears. Will be 80 highway 20 off road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We talk about RC.. but in a not so good way. Its not recommended by the vast majority. I'm assuming that your getting the kit with the drop pitman arm ... don't do it. your going to end up purchasing more items to do it right. Hence, the kit isn't recommended.
Thanks I honestly didn't know they were bad I will make sure I buy a better lift and is everything else okay you think?

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
@Justajku for a 2012... more likely you will have to trim your pinch seams. my previous 2012 4dr didn't need it since I had 33's but at 35's there's a higher chance of vulnerability depending on tire. Not 100% sure but 99% sure lol.

C gussets - yes, also do your ball joints at the same time while your at it.

The only tuning you'll need is for tire calibration. AEV procal can fix that.

Exhaust/intakes ... well I do have a banks intake but I don't recommend it. They only produce slight noticeable power at peak rpm. My jeep is usually between 2-3.5. If you want power at low rpm, consider boost.

4.88 gears are good for your setup as well.

be sure to upgrade your tire carrier if planning to get a matching spare

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Justajku for a 2012... more likely you will have to trim your pinch seams. my previous 2012 4dr didn't need it since I had 33's but at 35's there's a higher chance of vulnerability depending on tire. Not 100% sure but 99% sure lol.

C gussets - yes, also do your ball joints at the same time while your at it.

The only tuning you'll need is for tire calibration. AEV procal can fix that.

Exhaust/intakes ... well I do have a banks intake but I don't recommend it. They only produce slight noticeable power at peak rpm. My jeep is usually between 2-3.5. If you want power at low rpm, consider boost.

4.88 gears are good for your setup as well.

be sure to upgrade your tire carrier if planning to get a matching spare
Thanks man! I will make sure to do those. Didn't think about ball joint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts