Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sport Models, fenders - bumpers -- usual and customary fading - bleaching .. What Product have you applied and experienced at least 6 months durability? How difficult was application. Welcome all experiences and recommendations. Have 2 JKUs that will receive the treatment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sport Models, fenders - bumpers -- usual and customary fading - bleaching .. What Product have you applied and experienced at least 6 months durability? How difficult was application. Welcome all experiences and recommendations. Have 2 JKUs that will receive the treatment.
I read about using Flood Penetrol. I have some so will be giving it a try. Google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have some spots that look like road splash that is only masked when I use another product and goes away after a little rain on the rear plastic flares when I bought it. I've been meaning to buy some of this, thanks for reminding me. Found it on eBay for a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
It hasn't been 6 months yet but 27 days ago I restored our front bumper with Forever Black. It had turned to a light grey wherever it had been exposed to the sun and now it looks like it did when it rolled off the line in Toledo. Since the restoration it has been through a brushless car (Jeep) wash several times, lots of rain and stays out in the sun all day when my wife is at work. It still looks great.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I use this stuff every couple of years. Works great. Just make sure don't get it on yourself and don't let it dry if it gets on the metal of the Jeep
Turtle Wax Premium Trim Coating Kit

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts
It hasn't been 6 months yet but 27 days ago I restored our front bumper with Forever Black. It had turned to a light grey wherever it had been exposed to the sun and now it looks like it did when it rolled off the line in Toledo. Since the restoration it has been through a brushless car (Jeep) wash several times, lots of rain and stays out in the sun all day when my wife is at work. It still looks great.

Is that the same bumper? Looks like a Sahara bumper on the after picture with the silver center. Just wondering.
If it is the same bumper, that looks fantastic!

·
Registered
229 Posts

Looks like the same bumper just w the appliqué

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Is that the same bumper? Looks like a Sahara bumper on the after picture with the silver center. Just wondering.
If it is the same bumper, that looks fantastic!
Yes, for the first pic I had already removed the silver bumper insert to prepare it for my wife to apply the Forever Black (it's her Jeep). The second pic had the insert back in. I asked her if she wanted to leave the insert off but she said she likes it.

I don't understand why just the front bumper turned grey. The rear bumper was exposed to the same conditions and it is still black.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I’ll put forth this. A good number of older RV owners with sun damaged fiberglass, rubber components have applied an acrylic product to bring back the shine. I am/was one of them. I had a now 20 year old motorhome, and after applying looked almost new. That product I chose was Mop N Glo. Yep a floor wax product. It took several coats to bring things to a good shine. Reason is, the surface is pitted from the sun and it takes several coats to fill them in.

As far as durability, it is not a once and done. You will also want to apply 303 or similar product to slow UV damage. And you will want to apply a refresher coat from time to time. There are products that will remove the floor product should you choose.

Like all things give it a test on a small, before going all out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't used it yet as my Jeep is still relatively new, but I've heard great things about Cerakote Trim Coat. There are lots of product reviews/videos you can find online.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts