Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered yesterday soft cragrs 15 x 8 with 4 inch backspace. The tires will be 33x12.5. I also ordered bushwacker 6 inch flares. my question is with this setup will the tires be alligned straight with he flares? Or ia the tire gona stick out? Or the flares? The wheels are on backorder so i can change the order to 4 inch flares. Thanx. Btw the lift is a 4 inch rc.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I have those wheels and tire with stock flares, mine protrude 2" from the flares. Maybe that'll help you decide which flares to get...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
InfernoGirl said:
I have those wheels and tire with stock flares, mine protrude 2" from the flares. Maybe that'll help you decide which flares to get...
From where dp they measure? From body to tip of flare? Whats the size of the stock flare? And by aby chance you have a pic? Thanx

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump up. Please some help iam holding the shipment to make up mymind.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one? Really. If i order too short cops will gove me a headache and if too long it will look real bad

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jcf said:
Call where you are ordering from & they will be able to tell you. If not talk to Discount tire on here, they are a vendor & they will help
But my question is about the flares. Do you think they can help? Plus from kuwait its really expensove to call the states. I hope someone who already has them one could chip in.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I just measured my flares (they're stock) and they were close to 4" from the outside of the tub. So I'm thinking that since InfernoGirl is running the same rim/tire combo as you, and her tires protrude about 2" from the stock flares you should be fine with the 6" flares.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
matthewryan11 said:
I just measured my flares (they're stock) and they were close to 4" from the outside of the tub. So I'm thinking that since InfernoGirl is running the same rim/tire combo as you, and her tires protrude about 2" from the stock flares you should be fine with the 6" flares.
I dont know because o talked to a shop tody and they said with the 6 inch tge flares will be further than the tire a bit and with the 4 3/4 the tire will stick out a bit.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
matthewryan11 said:
Check out reply #11 on this post on another forum, I don't know if it will help you out or not. but he's running something similar to you.

Fender Flares for 12.5 tires - Links4Jeeps.com
Thanks for searhing for the threads there. The only thing noone is sayng theor backspace. Thats why i cant decide.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
In post number 11 like i referred you to, kizer states that he has a backspacing of 4.25"(his tires are tucked in .25" more than yours) and he has coverage with the 6" flares.

"I currently have 4.25 inches of backspacing so my tires are tucked pretty well and stick out 6-inches, which my flares cover."

from his post I would reccomend the 6" flares since your tires will stick out .25" more than his.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
matthewryan11 said:
In post number 11 like i referred you to, kizer states that he has a backspacing of 4.25"(his tires are tucked in .25" more than yours) and he has coverage with the 6" flares.

"I currently have 4.25 inches of backspacing so my tires are tucked pretty well and stick out 6-inches, which my flares cover."

from his post I would reccomend the 6" flares since your tires will stick out .25" more than his.
But do you think he means that his tires are covered exactly? And that means my tires will stick out .25 inch?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Not bushwacker, but here is a 6" flare with 33x12.50 with 3.75 BS to give you an idea. Depending on your tire your tire should fit in closer/under the flare.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4Jeepn said:
Not bushwacker, but here is a 6" flare with 33x12.50 with 3.75 BS to give you an idea. Depending on your tire your tire should fit in closer/under the flare.
Thanx for the pics. If i have 4 inch backspace that means my tires ar gona be in more so that means j think i have to go woth the 4 3/4 then the tire will be out about an inch? Right?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Thanx for the pics. If i have 4 inch backspace that means my tires ar gona be in more so that means j think i have to go woth the 4 3/4 then the tire will be out about an inch? Right?
The smaller the back spacing number the further out the tire will extend from the jeep. Stock is @5.5 bs depending on the rim. So with a 3.75 bs the rim will set the tire @1.75" out more vs. the 5.5 bs

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
4Jeepn said:
The smaller the back spacing number the further out the tire will extend from the jeep. Stock is @5.5 bs depending on the rim. So with a 3.75 bs the rim will set the tire @1.75" out more vs. the 5.5 bs
Yeah truee. Soo i think i will go with the 4 3/4 flares because i dont want the tires to be exactly alligned with the flares i want the tire to stick out like half an imch to an inch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts