Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
You can get 33X12.5 if you wanted. The stock Rubicon's are BFG MT 255/75R17 but on those wheels may I suggest 285/70/17. It is a 32.7" tall and 1" wider then the 255's. You can easily get that size tire on without a lift.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I will be getting a 2 inch budget boost - any other opinions on tire size?

I really like the "size" of the tires on the rubicon and 2011 mojave (had one at the dealership)

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
By the way, the wheel you listed won't fit a 2012 model. Description says 5X4.5 wheels. You need 5X5" or 5X127mm

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Here is the 285/70/17 on a small lift

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Actually, they changed the bolt pattern for '07... The compatibility chart for those wheels:
"WRANGLER 1986 – 2006"

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah! Pardon my ignorance! Thank you all for the feedback!!!!!!!

What's a solid all-around off-road tire with decent wear? I (admittedly) won't be doing a ton of crawling and am really just after the look.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Black2012 said:
Ah! Pardon my ignorance! Thank you all for the feedback!!!!!!!

What's a solid all-around off-road tire with decent wear? I (admittedly) won't be doing a ton of crawling and am really just after the look.
Duratracs are popular.

But... You can get 5 almost new Moabs and 5 almost new BF's from a Rubi on Craiglist or the classifieds here for around $800 or less..... CANT BEAT THAT

Bedline black and your golden :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Duratracs are popular.

But... You can get 5 almost new Moabs and 5 almost new BF's from a Rubi on Craiglist or the classifieds here for around $800 or less..... CANT BEAT THAT

Bedline black and your golden :)
Good point. Is it easy to paint the silver wheels? I'm looking for a satin black or gunmetal finish.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Black2012 said:
Good point. Is it easy to paint the silver wheels? I'm looking for a satin black or gunmetal finish.
Yes

Google "painting wheels black-jeep" or bedliner and I'm sure you will find a bunch
of threads where jeepers have done so.

It easy to do and looks amazing :)

Not sure if this guys wheels were painted or came of a special edition but they look great.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Speaking of painting wheels. I can get as much of this color epoxy spray paint I want. Also Self-etching primer. It suppose to be Metallic Black but looks real light to me but after seeing the picture above it seems to look close. I sprayed a wheel I had laying around with it and sit it beside my Jeep. What do you think? Free paints is a plus.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got the mamba mr1s for the proper backspacing vs the moabs. The stock moabs will rub the steering stops with 33's. I went with the Duratracs 285 70/17 they look very substantial with no lift and still great with a 2" lift. I did the aev 2" kit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
have to agree with kjeeper10 that about $800 bucks gets you a great set of take offs-rims and tires! I actually bought a set of 5 moab rims and have them in basement.Although with my 2" lift they now might look a tad small. Final consideration you could use wheel spacers with the stock moabs-i just wasnt convinced on their safety and or upkeep,monitoring them etc..good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts