Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I really like the look of these wheels, they're not doing the same flat black theme that I see everywhere I look. At $99 on sale, they seem to be a great deal.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/mammoth-8-anthracite-16x8-jk-j103780.html

My question is:

I don't plan on doing any lift and I'm on the stock 17" wheels w/255/75/17 (2013 JKU Sport), I'm just wondering how the particular offset/backspacing on these wheels would make a full set like your 285/75/16 wheel/tire combos fit. If my math is correct they'll be about 1.2" wider and 0.8" taller than my stock setup. Would I need to get my speedo or computer flashed for the difference in size? No rubbing issues?

Want to get rid of the awful stock setup and GY SR/A tires, but I'm looking at a November/December swap, before the snow hits here. I'm also interested in Duratrac or General AT's/Grabber Red Letter for the same application. I see that there aren't many other tires listed for your 'ready to mount applications' other than 2 or 3 tires.

Thanks, sorry for the mouthful but I want to make sure they'll fit my Jeep without any issues. I do like the styling of those wheels and they seem to be a great price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did this same basic setup on my JKU when I first had it. You'll get a bit of rubbing on the plastic air dam when you're at full lock on the steering wheel. I just trimmed mine with a utility knife until it no longer rubbed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
as for whether or not you'll need to calibrate - I would measure the actual height of your tires now, and then wait to see what the actual height of the tires is once you put them on. Factory numbers tend to be pretty fuzzy, your speedo only cares about actual diameter. It may be so close that it's not worth buying a calibrator.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's what mine looked like. This is with the Pro Comp 1069s, but the specs are the same. Tires are the size you mentioned.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts