Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my trip last weekend to mammoth Ca.
Myself and a highley modded bio diesel Scout hit up laurel lakes.

the trail was easy to moderate. but the scener was awsome.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

On the way back to the campsite i saw a muddy trail i couldnt resist. started off a jeep size trail and then about 100 feet in it went to mountain bike size trail.

all in all it was a bad ass trip. the hemi ripped the jeep and trail up the mountain passes very nicely.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Awesome scenery. The colors are amazing. I sure do miss the sunshine, thanks for sharing that with us. Looks like you had a great time.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
the scenery is breath taking.......looks like a lot of fun :D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

all in all it was a bad ass trip. the hemi ripped the jeep and trail up the mountain passes very nicely.[/QUOTE]

HEMI? :eek:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for the cornfusion, The hemi is in the dodge.

heres a pic of that trail that got a litle too tight

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
sorry for the cornfusion, The hemi is in the dodge.

heres a pic of that trail that got a litle too tight[/IMG]
You was getting me a little excited :D :flipoff: I just sold my buddy an 04 Regular cab long bed Hemi. Helluva truck. Hope dodge did a better job with this trans than Jeeps/previous dodges, but all in all a helluva truck.

I just got back from WV, I met plenty of trails like that :rofl: Fun getting wipped in the face huh? Any sticker bushes come through the window?

·
Registered
858 Posts
wow you weren't exaggerating - the scenery gets an AWESOME in all caps! great pics - looks like a good time.

edit: what's that green truck with you?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
its a Scout with lots of mods and a diesel :)

Look up International Scout on google or something, amazing peice of machinery. Id love to have one some day :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
its a Scout with lots of mods and a diesel :)

Look up International Scout on google or something, amazing peice of machinery. Id love to have one some day :)
OH MAN do i feel dumb :chair: - one of my best buddies bought one off ebay last year. it was i believe a '77 and it was in great shape. those are VERY cool trucks. he moved back up to MA earlier this year but he would have given me a tuff time for not recognizing his truck. man he loves those things. if i could own an older truck that wasn't a jeep, it would be a scout or an older FJ.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea we caught golden trout at that lake, pretty slow but it was in the middle of the day. the other lakes we where catching rainbows and browns.

That big green thing is a scout as said before. he was just featured in diesel power mag. built 6.5TD swap, atlas, 1 tons running gear, pitbull tires, deaver springs, and lots of MODS. touch screen vehicle on board diag system, ptcruiser leather heated seats. tons of cool stuff.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/index.html
Its a sweet rig, smells like fast food when he gets on it. I wheel with im often and that thing can crawl.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Nice pics, Rawk. I love that mean green Scout though it took me a little bit to figure out why I need french fries while we were running Holcomb.

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
Holy crap :eek:, I need to go there. That place looks amazing. Great pics.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
nice!!!:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
wow, I envy you. I TRIED to went up there 3 times and each time end up with horrible result. lol .. but the 3 times i went there, all the vehicles is not JEEP and not 4x4. The last time i went, i got stuck and with the help of some people coming down from the trail, we was able to get my truck out or that would have been a horrible vaction ... I finally got a jeep, and I'm ready to head up that trail again .. Maybe around June of this year -- as in 2010 ... Anyone on here interested? It's a great run when you finished with Mammoth, you can go through tioga pass and go down the 41 throught Yosemite.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts