Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be an easy but interesting run, suitable for all jeeps and skill levels. Julian, I hope you are paying attention ;) Not sure of the exact route, there's a ton of trails and it just kind of happens. Should see mud, ice, and lots of trails that wander over hill and dale :) We'll sort out times and meeting points as it gets closer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This will be an easy but interesting run, suitable for all jeeps and skill levels. Julian, I hope you are paying attention ;) Not sure of the exact route, there's a ton of trails and it just kind of happens. Should see mud, ice, and lots of trails that wander over hill and dale :) We'll sort out times and meeting points as it gets closer.
went out to that area yesterday no ice but a good bit of mud

·
Registered
101 Posts

I'd enjoy this i'll ask the wife see if she is up for it. Ive been gone for a while and just getting back thursday, so its kinda up to her. id feel guilty going without her to cause ive been gone and just getting back so if she comes ill be there for sure (wont really know till probably friday....)

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a trail per se. It's a rabbit warren of interconnected trails that wander all over the place. The fun of it is you can run those trails ten times and never repeat the same route. One of the trails that is part of this is Signal Butte, another is Phantom Creek. You can look these up to get some idea of the area.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I found rule ridge in my trail book to cover Manchester Creek.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rule Ridge would be the east boundary of the Manchester Creek area although I don't think it qualifies as a trail. Considering the number of motor homes that run up and down it it's no more a trail than Rampart Range Road. Phantom Creek and Signal Butte are pretty representative of the trails in that area, that's why I mentioned them.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I know but if he has the fun treks trail book that's where he can find the entrance and a few of the trails.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phantom Creek and Signal Butte are both in Fun Treks. They both start off Teller 51 not Rule Ridge. I always come in off Rule Ridge via Painted Rocks Road because it's closer coming from the east. Rule Ridge is generally accessed from Divide going north on Teller 5.

·
Commercial Member
2,059 Posts
We just did Rule Ridge this past Sunday. No ice or snow and only one or two bigish puddles. Rule Ridge proper is nothing but a dirt road, but the optional 357B loop is lots of fun even if it is a little short. Dropping down to the creek that last little bit is great and so is the steep climb out. I'd not miss that part if I was in the area.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Think I going to go with Justin04lj to China wall. Sunday would that be a good one to learn on? Saturday I got to take the wife shopping and pick up some D rings for my front bumper

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your Jeep is well set up for China Wall so you'll be fine. Justin can give you pointers and you can trust what he says. So you guys have a blast and we'll hook up on a trail later. Season is just beginning :) That works ok for me because I have a bit more prepping to do for Chinaman on Sunday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts