Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just throwing this out there.. Gas is 99.8 c/L at Domo on Marion. Time to fuel up guys!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah I forget which website it is but I just google Winnipeg gas prices and choose the first link. The cheapest places are always Costco then maybe a superstore gas bar or two then Marion Domo which is on my way home from work so it's perfect.

Anybody doing winter wheeling yet?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah I forget which website it is but I just google Winnipeg gas prices and choose the first link. The cheapest places are always Costco then maybe a superstore gas bar or two then Marion Domo which is on my way home from work so it's perfect. Anybody doing winter wheeling yet?
Well on my way to school, I sometimes drive in the ditch with the huge drifts haha hope the day doesn't come when I get stuck...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well on my way to school, I sometimes drive in the ditch with the huge drifts haha hope the day doesn't come when I get stuck...
School? Which one? What you taking?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Going wheeling this weekend near Pinawa (look it up) PM me for details if youre interested

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here are the pics! Only the best ones though. I know I always post a million pictures. I get excited, that's all..

Not a whole lot of snow..

Ridin with my friend Scott's TJ

Face down, ass up! ;)

That's one sexy TJ.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello out there. I just came across this forum tonight surfing online. I'm looking for jeep trails long enough to camp out on around Manitoba or even Ontario if we got nothing here. I was hoping to make a 2 or 3 day trip out of it. Anyone got anything in mind?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes. Absolutely. Isnt much in S MB for weekend long trips, too much farm land reduces the amount of crown land we need for wheelin', I figure. But I've taken guys out east near Kenora. If you're interested I can send you maps. Basically drive to kenora (2.5 hrs) Continue east on HWY 17, turn right (south) onto HWY 71, continue for 15 mins and turn left (northeast) onto Highwind Lake road.

From there only the maps can help you. If you zoom in on google maps you can actually see most of the trails. You'll end up in a big trail system, basically like a big rat's nest so don't get lost! you can spend a week wheeling in there and you wont find every trail.

-bring a machete/axe/chainsaw (some areas get pretty tight but I squeezed my brand new JK through)
-No facilities once you leave the HWY. There's a campground called Highwind but not sure if they're let you use their stuff.
-If you reach the campground, dont turn around. There are more trails if you go straight through.
-Definitely bring a friend or recovery gear. or both.

PM if you want more info or maps n stuff.
I see you're in brandon.. I used to work in Shilo a bit and I'm pretty sure you're allowed to go wheeling in the training area as long as you check in and make sure nobody's training in that zone.

Other than that there's the North Star trail which is about a day, Prime Meridian Trail, same thing.. My suggestion (and also what I'm gonna do next summer) is to go looking further up north. Basically whip out ye old backroads map and giv'er

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the great info! I'll hit up Google maps. I live in Forrest and work in brandon. Business takes me to shilo every now and again so I'll ask around there too

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll have to check into that when I out that way. Usually go fishing when I'm in the part of the area. Normally we take the truck or van not the Jeep.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone I just came across this thread, I am also a new jk sport owner as of dec /14 and will be goin out fishin and stuff but lookin forward to doin some trails . I live in Winnipeg and do a lot of wilderness survival /bushcraft stuff in other words any chance or excuse to leave the city!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'll have to check into that when I out that way. Usually go fishing when I'm in the part of the area. Normally we take the truck or van not the Jeep.
Obviously up to you, but only an offroad capable machine can make it through that trail system. Gets knarly in some spots. Just so ya know!

Id be so down to rally up all the Manitobans and hit that trail this summer.
I'm in

Hey everyone I just came across this thread, I am also a new jk sport owner as of dec /14 and will be goin out fishin and stuff but lookin forward to doin some trails . I live in Winnipeg and do a lot of wilderness survival /bushcraft stuff in other words any chance or excuse to leave the city!
Welcome! Feel free to post all your jeep stuff in this thread so we can see what you're up to. Stick around and we might be able to get enough of us to organize a run for once

181 - 200 of 220 Posts