Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any advice on where to get a lift installed in or around Winnipeg ?
Or maybe if I can use someone's hoist to do the job myself(with some help ) would be great !

·
Registered
417 Posts
Any advice on where to get a lift installed in or around Winnipeg ?
Or maybe if I can use someone's hoist to do the job myself(with some help ) would be great !
I don't have a hoist or any experience putting in a lift but if you give Jeep Doctor a call, they have a shop and can get you a price. Heard good things about that place but I haven't been myself. If you're still having a hard time, give us a shout here. We'll try and figure something out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Depending on how large of a lift you are wanting to do, you don't have to have a hoist. Just means be prepared to be on the ground lol. 2.5" lifts and most 3" lifts are just coil packs and shocks. Larger then that you're gonna need some extra parts to make everything run smooth. So anything higher then a 3" I'd suggest going to a shop.
Jeep doctor is solid, I haven't had any work done there, but they basically rebuilt my buddies jeep. I'd start with them.
Smaller lifts can be pretty easy to install, watch some YouTube, do some research on what lift.

·
Registered
417 Posts
yeah thats alot better advice than I gave ^^^^

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for the advice , 3-3.5 is the most it should need for a set of 35" I think so I might even give a shot on the ground . But I will call JD and check them out as well .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for the advice , 3-3.5 is the most it should need for a set of 35" I think so I might even give a shot on the ground . But I will call JD and check them out as well .
Let me know about your visit to the jeep doctor. I will probably do my own work but curious about their rates and such.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I'm up for some off roading if you guys organize something. BTW the red river jeep club is going out to Seddons Saturday for some wheeling and some shooting in the afternoon!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm up for some off roading if you guys organize something. BTW the red river jeep club is going out to Seddons Saturday for some wheeling and some shooting in the afternoon!
Ahhh.. too bad I didnt know that a bit earlier.. I have to help a friend move that day.
I just bought an SKS too!!:banghead:

·
Registered
417 Posts
If the moving goes quickly we are all meeting at 59r for 1300!
Ok! Thanks I'll try to make it out but no promises. Maybe I could just show up at seddon's later in the day with my guns and just do the shooting part

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let me know about your visit to the jeep doctor. I will probably do my own work but curious about their rates and such.
just spoke with jeep doctor and there rates are really fare and has all levels / kinds with no BS .gives honest advice about what the local owner would need l

·
Registered
77 Posts
finally got my Jeep back after two months in the shop. Just in time for mud. I did get stuck in my backyard. But I did mange to get out after some instructions. good experience.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey, everyone

I'm looking to buy a soft top this year. Any recommendations, tips or anything? And where should I get it from?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey, everyone I'm looking to buy a soft top this year. Any recommendations, tips or anything? And where should I get it from? Thanks in advance
I have the off-road heroes fastback. Amazing top and MUCH better than the rival slantbacks on the market. It holds its shape perfectly. Shipping takes a month or so because it is a home business. The owner, tim, was extremely helpful as well. Plus, it's a canadian company (out of Edmonton).

201 - 220 of 220 Posts