Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been struggling with a "hesitation" or some would say a shimmy intermittently since the fall. Whenever I shift from 3rd into fourth, or 4th into 5th, I immediately have a hesitation for about 3 seconds after letting the clutch out. It will not allow me to accelerate until after the hesitation has stopped. It doesn't matter what speed or rpm I am at. I feel a slight shimmy through my stick and gas pedal.

I first noticed this is November. At the beginning of January I brought it to my dealer and they "updated my PCM" and when I picked it up the hesitation was gone. I have had no issues with it until one week ago today. Suddenly, it was doing exactly as it was in November. I have brought it to my dealer three times this week, initially asking them to look at my PCM again. The dealership is under new management and the new manger says the PCM is unrelated to this and refuses to replace it. The said no codes popped up when they plugged it in. Today, they contacted STAR and replaced spark plugs and "cleaned out carburation". The manager said he drove it and felt it was resolved.

I picked it up, initially took off with it and thought it felt improved. I got about 2 miles down the road and shifted into 4th and felt the same exact thing again. I am at my wits end. I don't know what else to do and this dealership is completely sick of me after 4 visits for this same problem now!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts