Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order the EVO manual sway bar disconnect for my Rubicon to over ride the electronic system. Is the AEV Procal the only unit that will turn off the sway bar light on the dash? I would rather buy a Superchips Flascal F5 due to the user interface being much better than the dip switches the Procal uses, but am unsure if it has this capability. I will also be using whichever unit to correct the speedometer for the tire size, but I know either one will be capable of that.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Before you make this purchase, I would strongly suggest you pull the motor off the sway bar and test it. It seems that mud really likes to get into the gears of these things and seize them up. A manual disconnect won't help you with that, but you can absolutely clean and re-grease the gears and be good as new. If the motor works, you'll want to pop open the whole housing and clean it out.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I can confirm it does work on the Procal. But you're right- the dip switches are pretty old school. I added an edisco and then promptly stopped using it. But occasionally I hit the switch by accident and it won't turn off. THe Procal just stays with the pins in place for the edisco in my glove box. Not difficult but other products might do the trick without pins.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I am about to order the EVO manual sway bar disconnect for my Rubicon to over ride the electronic system. Is the AEV Procal the only unit that will turn off the sway bar light on the dash? I would rather buy a Superchips Flascal F5 due to the user interface being much better than the dip switches the Procal uses, but am unsure if it has this capability. I will also be using whichever unit to correct the speedometer for the tire size, but I know either one will be capable of that.
Week before my EJS trip this year, e-disco died and light was flashing. Removed and took it apart, full of water. Made a cover out of plastic and bolted it on with OEM bolts. Drilled a hole in the bottom of the housing to drain water out. The superchips flashcal F5 will NOT fix the light. Acquired trailcal at EJS for $385. Turned the light off

RK lift came with manual disconnects that I didn't install. Installed them and teraflex sway disconnect brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts