Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is: What all parts do I need to order to switch to a manual sway bar release?
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. While driving through a muddy road the sway bar button (to disconnect) was accidently pushed. Pushed the sway bar button again but the sway bar light has been flashing since. Took it to a shop to get looked at and was told it would be $1,600 to replace the electronic component that controls the sway bar. He wasn't able to tell me if the sway bar was connected or not. He said I could replace it with a manual adjuster which is considerably less costly. He said if ordered the parts myself and take them to him he could install which would save me money also.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
jks and evo both sell kits. just go to their websites and you will find what you need. you will also need an aev procal to turn the light off.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I've read several posts here where Rubi owners have dismantled and cleaned the electric disconnect mechanism and it solved the problem.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
jks and evo both sell kits. just go to their websites and you will find what you need. you will also need an aev procal to turn the light off.
Can you get just the disconnects and run them with the stock rubicon sway bar (after removing the electronic module)? or do you need a new sway bar as well?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Can you get just the disconnects and run them with the stock rubicon sway bar (after removing the electronic module)? or do you need a new sway bar as well?
yes you can just run something like jks discos with the rubicon sway bar. I have done that very thing.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I've read several posts here where Rubi owners have dismantled and cleaned the electric disconnect mechanism and it solved the problem.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Been there and did that with my 09. Unplug the connector. Disconnect the sway bar from the links. Unbolt the four mounting bolts. Needed an impact wrench for that. After that you undo the 5 bolts and separate the halves. Be careful of the gasket because you cannot get another one. Clean it out with a couple of cans of brake cleaner, give it a couple of dollops of axle grease and bolt it back together. And when you bolt is back on make sure you rotate it for more clearance. Took me about 3-4 hours total and now it works fine.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/oem-e-disco-smartbar-study-153545/

Rubicon E-Disco flip (Cheap))

JK Sway Bar Ground Clearance Kit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts