Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped a manual trans for an auto? I bought a '07 JK for a second car and we really love it. We didn't want to go without AC and thought a man trans would be fine. Well.... I don't mind it but the wife doesn't like the way it shifts. We were actually thinking of selling it to get an auto. Any thoughts or advise?

·
Registered
493 Posts
My guess is trade your Jeep in on a used automatic Jeep rather than pay for a transmission swap. You'll never get that $ back, and yours is worth trade $, My opinion

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
it'll cost you less just to trade in for an auto. let someone else enjoy your manual instead of trashing it with a slushomatic

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Unless you can get together with the first replied you will lose your ass on this. As was said, you are better off to trade it in.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I think the swap will be a wiring nightmare. Plus Joey do you have the 3.6? If he does you can't even swap computers and wiring harnesses

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the input.... since it came with a terra flex lift and suspension, 5 pacer warrior wheels, bf goodrich mud terra 33's, and some other aftermarket stuff (rugged ridge extreme heavy duty short front bumper, riddler manufacturing dana 44 diff covers, spidertrax 1 1/2 spacers) i would loose all that getting rid of it. looks like my wife will have to get used to it.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
thanks for the input.... since it came with a terra flex lift and suspension, 5 pacer warrior wheels, bf goodrich mud terra 33's, and some other aftermarket stuff (rugged ridge extreme heavy duty short front bumper, riddler manufacturing dana 44 diff covers, spidertrax 1 1/2 spacers) i would loose all that getting rid of it. looks like my wife will have to get used to it.
You can swap all of that to another Jeep a lot easier than you could swap to an auto trans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts