Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the conversion kit to make the manual windows power? I dont have a clue as to how to do it...not sure that I could, even with instructions. I asked the dealership today and they said they dont do it.

Any ideas of places to go?

Or if you've done it on your rig....wanna do mine too? I am willing to pay or buy pizza and beer. Or a combination. or both :) Im in the Highlands Ranch area.

Lemme know and thanks!

JKU

this was one site I found to buy a kit Installing Power Windows in a Jeep Wrangler

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bwhahaha! you're so kind.

but in all seriousness...i want the power windows because i had shoulder surgery and i cant lean across to roll down the passenger side or reach behind to grab the back door. i'd hafta disconnect each door anyhow when i take them off...

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
bwhahaha! you're so kind. but in all seriousness...i want the power windows because i had shoulder surgery and i cant lean across to roll down the passenger side or reach behind to grab the back door. i'd hafta disconnect each door anyhow when i take them off...
LOL, does the kit include door disconnects? Having to "create" electrical disconnects could prove to be a pita. The kit doesn't look to involved though...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Why do you want to spend money on this...I'm just curious? If you take your doors off you need to incorporate disconnects for EACH door. Just seems like a lot of work to open windows... I can show you how to use the window cranks if that's the problem...;)
:funnypost:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
That looks like a well thought-out kit. Only a little more complicated than installing seat heaters.

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
I would guess that installing the kit that you have a link to should run about $500.00 with you supplying the kit.

I'm a retired bodyman and have all the tools necessary to do the job.

If you want to get it done and can't find a cheaper price, PM me and we can set up a time after Christmas.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would guess that installing the kit that you have a link to should run about $500.00 with you supplying the kit.

I'm a retired bodyman and have all the tools necessary to do the job.

If you want to get it done and can't find a cheaper price, PM me and we can set up a time after Christmas.

Good Luck, L.M.

Thanks for the offer....I ended up trading into a different JKU. Wish you had come across this post sooner. I would have taken you up on it! Woulda saved me some money!!

Merry Chistmas!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why do you want to spend money on this...I'm just curious? If you take your doors off you need to incorporate disconnects for EACH door. Just seems like a lot of work to open windows... I can show you how to use the window cranks if that's the problem...;)
I don't know about you but having to get my Mastador if you don't get the name the first part is for bull mastiff not fun or easy to open his window ever.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm guessing he won't be removing his doors since he just had shoulder surgery... oh wait this thread is 4 years old...

I'm by no means a veteran here but does it seem like there has been an awful lot of really old post brought back to life by brand new members since the switch to the new platform? Coincidence? Has this always been the case?

@Raven4ever you got a picture of said dog? Preferably in the Jeep! How do you handle the massive amounts of slobber? Also welcome!

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
I don't know about you but having to get my Mastador if you don't get the name the first part is for bull mastiff not fun or easy to open his window ever.
Welcome to the Forum Raven4ever,

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Retired Moderator
100,572 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts