Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find in the owners manual how much fluid the manual tranny holds. i can find what kind but not how much. anyone know?

·
Registered
19 Posts
According to my 1998 service manual the NV231 Transfer Case recommended lubricant is Mopar Dexron II or ATF Plus and the approx fill capacity is 1.2 liters (2.5 pint)

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Here you go for the tranny's.

AX-5 3.3 quarts
AX-15 3.25 quarts
NV-1500 4.8 pints
NV-3500 4.2 pints

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
SouthTJ said:
But how do you know what tranny you got? I've got an 04 with manual so what would that be?
I don't run a manual so I don't pay as much attention to them, but I believe in 03 they started putting the NV3500 6-speed in all Wranglers. However I could be wrong on that.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
SouthTJ said:
But how do you know what tranny you got? I've got an 04 with manual so what would that be?
You have the NV 3500. It's a 5 speed, the 6 speed is a Getrag transmission and didn't come out until the 2005 year model.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks for the replies. i decided to just get 6 quarts of fluid and i figure i can just take the unused back. atleast i know i have enough now. i got royal purple fluid for the whole drive train. i use it in my subaru and love it, can surprisingly tell a difference.

·
Registered
488 Posts
import_freak said:
...i got royal purple fluid for the whole drive train. i use it in my subaru and love it, can surprisingly tell a difference.
I use Redline MT-90 and it is suprising how much difference the fluid can make! All notchyness is gone!:D

·
Registered
876 Posts
dos0711 said:
I use Redline MT-90 and it is suprising how much difference the fluid can make! All notchyness is gone!:D
Can you use the Redline in the NV3500? That "notchyness" drives me crazy.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I apologize for my earlier thread......about the NV231.......you all where talking transmissions, and I throw in a transfer case. Sorry about that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts