Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2014 JKU with a 6 speed transmission recently. This is my first Wrangler so I am figuring things out. I have read some complaints about this manual transmission, and it seems easy to make it klackity klack.. but it seems to be a throttle issue. (electronic). My JKU has 53 K on it and I doubt the trans fluid has been changed. I drained it and used AMSOIL synchromesh manual trans fluid, synthetic. The transmission is quieter while idling in neutral, and shifts more smoothly. I was surprised at the difference. I can still make it klack when not careful but it is a lot better. I am guessing the klack sound is from the throughout bearing but I am not sure. Overall I am pleased with my new wrangler (except uconnect) and I am still getting use to it. It is great to be able to put the top down which is one of the main reasons I went with a Wrangler. This is a great forum, I have already found a lot of great information one here.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've been using Amsoil synchromesh since day 1...109k miles, smooth shifting, no noises, my engine is quiet but more importantly my transmission is doing great I bought mine in 2013 it's a 2014 JKU with lockers no rubicon. Stick with Amsoil and you will be fine...I change mine once year regardless of the miles accumulated ..I spend around 80 dollars a year for the diffs and trans with all amsoil imho IT's worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts