Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a JK and found a very sweet one owner, black on black 2016 Sahara with 46k and the 6 spd at a great price from a dealer. When the time comes to sell it, are they tough? Any issues with them? It's a tough market right now and hard to find clean low mile ones that are not already snagged up. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon, manual.
120 Posts
Yup, if you like it buy it, I have the 6 speed and love it.

That aside I think it would be an easy resale and it seems manuals are harder to come across these days as automatics seem to be more prevalent. There are Jeepers who prefer manuals, so might even be benefit to have a manual for resale.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You like the manual?
When you want the manual.
You just take the manual.
Why don't you just take the manual?
-El Hefe

Reactions: PeedoPie

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,097 Posts
I live in an area where there are a lots of yuppy types so 6 speeds aren't popular. I bought my 2016 JKU 2 years ago with 3 tops and lots of nice features with 16k for 18500. The only reason the guy couldn't sell because it was a 6 speed which works just fine for me. My advice if you're comfortable with the manual and the price is right buy it.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
You won't have a single issue with resale. Manual or not. It's a Jeep thing (y)

Reactions: SeventyGTX

·
Registered
870 Posts
After 4 previous Jeeps with manuals, I am one of those who searched for a new one with a 6 speed which I currently have. Living in the mountains it is pretty handy to find the right gear. I would have no fear in resale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only thing that I would throw in is if your drive consists of a lot of stop and go rush hour traffic , pass. I have a five speed and love it but used to work in Houston where you could get caught 45 mins. at a stop/crawl and I had a 4spd. PU,

talk about calf cramps….

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I ordered mine with a manual if that says anything. Jeeps on the whole defy any market trend and options/modifications run the gamut for marketability/resale.

Get what you want. It’s a Wrangler so resale by definition by design is a non-issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great replies guys, thanks. I haven't had a stick since my Samurai I sold about 10 years ago. Always had 4spd muscle cars back in the day and love shifting plus being in the gear I want to be in. Looking forward to rowing 6 of them.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I will only buy a MT Jeep. Bought my JKU new in 2014 and it was a long search to find a MT with the lack of options I wanted, like roll up windows.

I recommend two things right off the bat. Change the fluid to Redline MTL and get a B&M stick. The factory stick has a stupid rubber bushing that is a real annoyance.

·
Super Moderator
7,936 Posts
There are plenty of people out there who will would only buy a Jeep with a stick. IMO there'll be no problem selling one.

Reactions: doug schlosser

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, too many mods to list.
1,458 Posts
Should not be difficult to sell. The group who wants a manual is relatively small, but they often will go to great lengths to buy the Jeep that has one. If it has cruise control and air cond, that much more desirable. We are a cult.

·
Registered
648 Posts
When I bought my 2010 JKU 6 sp three years ago, I ask the guy at the dealership why it had been on the lot for so long, and he told me that having a manual transmission kept most of the teenagers and women form buying it. People would show up to do a test drive and they couldn't drive it. Just wish there were some options for replacing it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I bought my 2010 JKU 6 sp three years ago, I ask the guy at the dealership why it had been on the lot for so long, and he told me that having a manual transmission kept most of the teenagers and women form buying it. People would show up to do a test drive and they couldn't drive it. Just wish there were some options for replacing it.
Thats what I have heard also. I talked to a guy from Vroom and he said they have had people order cars not realizing they are manual, freak out and send it back.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts