Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now Has anyone else noticed that when rolling down the 14 Jk front door Windows's that the handle is in a horrible spot? The knob is right where your leg would rest against the door while riding w the windows down..

I may be getting a tad crazy, but has anyone else noticed this or tried to pop off the handle and change this minor prob?

·
The Bad Guy
23,239 Posts
Just take the door off. Problem solved!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Now Has anyone else noticed that when rolling down the 14 Jk front door Windows's that the handle is in a horrible spot? The knob is right where your leg would rest against the door while riding w the windows down..

I may be getting a tad crazy, but has anyone else noticed this or tried to pop off the handle and change this minor prob?
They are. I frequently put paers in the little net on the door too and then when you roll the window up or down your hand keeps hitting the papers.

Just take the door off. Problem solved!
But Daggo has the right fix.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yep its what i dislike most about my interior- that and all the plastic molding and crap that will go way - I'm a utilitarian/ spartan type- less is more also they should have squared the wheel wells in the back to make it easier to custom fab some racks or what-nots..carpets goin to go to someday...

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
I haven't noticed any problem. must be how I sit, leg are pretty long as well so maybe I just miss it... Good though on rotating them, I'll do that if I notice any problem.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I took my window cranks off on my 13 and rotated them 180* so when the window is up the crank faces the rear of the jeep.

if you push in a little on the trim around the crank you will see a little clip I used a rag to pull the clip out. but you can get the proper tool to do it easier.
just thought I'd share.

found this it may help
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/how-to-replace-exterior-door-handle-full-steel-doors-45442.html
Just do this. I had to rotate handles on most of my vehicles.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the same issue with the window crank. I have been planning to pull it off and rotate it but keep putting it off. Till then I just back it off a tad so my knee isn't leaning against it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Custom Crank Handles

Would anyone be interested in creating a custom crank handle where you delete the knob and put a self contained knob in the handle itself. So it will be a flat peice with the middle part that could swing out so you can crank the windows. Or could they do a folding handle that would fold up out of the way?

Only makes sense on this poor design issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Easiest thing to do as outlined above is to roll the window down all the way and take the crank off and re-position it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts