Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1990 4.2 motorcraft 2150 ordered from the famed guy on ebay... and yes it is nuttered.
Okay this will be long winded...... at the bottom is the diagram I kinda used for the running of vac lines.

(1st pic) pic is of the CTO, like diagram shows the 2 ports T and....

ForumRunner_20120111_155933.jpg

(2nd pic).....they plug into the carb high on the carb here

ForumRunner_20120111_155952.jpg

(3rd) Now this pic is where my vacuum advance from the dizzy hooks in low on the carb where my finger is at.

ForumRunner_20120111_160149.jpg

(4th) breather at the front of the valve cover where you add oil

ForumRunner_20120111_160209.jpg

(5th) back valve cover breather tube the attaches .....

ForumRunner_20120111_160236.jpg

(6th) ......to the bottom backside of the carb right here

ForumRunner_20120111_160317.jpg

(7th) this vacuum line where my finger is pointing is the brake booster line that attaches to a port coming off the manifold right above the egr... its always been that way

ForumRunner_20120111_160343.jpg

(8th) Here is another line coming off the cto as diagram shows going to the egr

ForumRunner_20120111_160414.jpg

(9th) this a port that I plugged coming off of the same line that runs from the manifold to where the brake line booster hooks in

ForumRunner_20120111_160427.jpg

(10th) another port high on the backside of the carb (white plug

ForumRunner_20120111_160509.jpg

(11th) yet another open port low on the backside of the carb (black plug

ForumRunner_20120111_160532.jpg

Now the diagram I used

ForumRunner_20120111_160700.jpg

Is it ran correctly? It still doesn't run the best and was wondering what can I do help me run these lines correctly! Plz

·
Registered
133 Posts
Theres a few corrections you need to make. The port high on the carb that you show in the second pic is your fuel bowl vent and should run to tye charcoal canister. Its actually the light blue vacuum line in the diagram.
The two lines that are Td off the cto need to be Td into the line running to your distributor instead of running to the carb.
The vacuum advance and pcv valve (pic 5) are fine. The pcv breather (pic 4) can be left as is, or you can run a vacuum line to the white capped nipple in pic 10 (this is what i would recommend).

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
tslroper said:
Theres a few corrections you need to make. The port high on the carb that you show in the second pic is your fuel bowl vent and should run to tye charcoal canister. Its actually the light blue vacuum line in the diagram.
The two lines that are Td off the cto need to be Td into the line running to your distributor instead of running to the carb.
The vacuum advance and pcv valve (pic 5) are fine. The pcv breather (pic 4) can be left as is, or you can run a vacuum line to the white capped nipple in pic 10 (this is what i would recommend).
This sounds right I just don't run the vacuum to my distributor since I don't need it now but ill still take some pictures when i get some light hopefully it won't be raining :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Wow mine is very different...hmm... Here are my pictures. The first one goes from the passenger side of the carb to a t that goes to the CTO and Distributor which I plugged. Then the one down by the driver side is plugged by the brake lines. Then the PCV valve goes to the back of the carb. Then there is one from the electric choke to right below it on the carb. Seems like mine is pretty messed up lol. Oh and I have a push in filter by the screw for the oil so no hose to that one.

In the third picture the missing hose goes to the EGR valve, that I don't use so I have those capped off

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts