Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a code and it says map dose not agree with tps put new tps and still samething ack like its running out of gas someone said the battery any ideas?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Not this exact code but I myself have had problems with the TPS. During certain engine on/off conditions the PCM learns the min/max values of the TPS. Simply switching in another one doesn't allow the PCM to learn the new values hence the problem still occurring or the code coming back. Doing the overnight battery pull clears these values amongst others and the PCM relearns. Let us know how it works out for you elsewise you may have a map issue.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hmmm I'd look into the map itself. You may want to google those specific codes and try to see what others have done or get a full service manual (FSM) for your year. What year tj do you have?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm I'd look into the map itself. You may want to google those specific codes and try to see what others have done or get a full service manual (FSM) for your year. What year tj do you have?
97 4.0 5speed sahara

1 - 12 of 12 Posts