Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know why the map lights on my 04 rubicon will not come on by pressing the button, but yet when i open the door or turn the dial to make all lights come on they work?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Your lights have a button? Fancy... Great looking jeep by the way :thumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yea i thought it was wierd to have map lights and a electronic compass, my 99 didnt have those fancy options!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i'd check fuses, depends on how it is wired, but when you open the door and they come on , I believe that is going to a ground. go with fuses first, it is the easiest and most likely issue IMO, but without a wiring diag it would be hard to say.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now im wondering if this is OEM, do the 04 rubicons have a option for a rear view with map lights and a compass/temp?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone else have these lights on the underside of the rearview mirror?

ill try to get a picture up later

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
If it is the OEM one with 2 lights, compass & temp there should be 3 buttons. Left & right for each of the 2 lights & the middle for the compass/temp function. Does either of the 2 light switches (buttons) work? If everything else works I would guess the switch(es) is/are bad.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ooohhh fancy
I just found a gentex mirror at take a part that has a compass and autodials. figured that would be useful

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ooohhh fancy
I just found a gentex mirror at take a part that has a compass and autodials. figured that would be useful
The power button works and changes the temp from C to F and the autodim goes on and off but neither light will turn on with the buttons, they do come on however with the cab lights...so i know they work. :confused:

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Is it correct that to turn the autodim on & off you have to push both left & right buttons (same buttons as to turn the l & r lights on)?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
So how many buttons are there? I think I read there should be 3. The center for the temp/compass, the l & r for the l & r lights (off & on) then holding BOTH l & r buttons to work the autodim.(?) Also the autodim should go off when in reverse.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
If the buttons work the autodim then you would think the buttons (switches) are working so the lights should also. However since those switches have 2 functions I'm wondering if there is some kind of circuit in there that has malfunctioned. There is no info in the FSM wiring diagrams that show the internal switching function of the mirror so you probably have to either live with it, replace the mirror or try to take it apart & see if there is anything in there that can be repaired.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts