Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for some seat covers for my 2014 unlimited. I really want Trek Armors but unfortunately they don't work with side airbags. I have read through a bunch of seat cover threads and think I have narrowed it down to Marathon or Iggee. I'm a little hesitant on the Synthetic leather of the Iggees and how they will be with the top off (hot). Does anyone have any experience (or pics!) of the marathons and/or Iggees?

I'm looking for something that's easy to clean since I have 3 dogs and an 18 month old and something that will keep water off the seats if I get caught in the rain with no top.
Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Marathon Superhides. I love them! Great fit, tough as hell, and easy to clean. Was a long wait to get them because they are custom made. Well worth the wait and the money. Cant post pics now, site keeps crashing. Will try to post later.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Marathon Superhides. I love them! Great fit, tough as hell, and easy to clean. Was a long wait to get them because they are custom made. Well worth the wait and the money. Cant post pics now, site keeps crashing. Will try to post later.
Thanks, I look forward to the pictures!

Just to be sure, are the "Superhides" their "Ballistic Cordura" material? When I go on their site and select my jeep (2014 unlimited) all I get is the ballistic cordura material with no mention of Superhides. My options are basically $500 shipped for front and rear in 1 color or $560 for 2-tone.

·
Registered
926 Posts
$357 shipped for iggees. no price difference between 2 tone and single tone. I just installed mine last weekend. Good quality and look great. waiting a couple weeks for some of the wrinkles to work themselves out before posting pictures. I had Clazzio seat covers in my old minivan. Clazzio is the best quality and fit imo but more money. Too bad Clazzio doesnt make covers for the JK.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
So I'm looking for some seat covers for my 2014 unlimited. I really want Trek Armors but unfortunately they don't work with side airbags. I have read through a bunch of seat cover threads and think I have narrowed it down to Marathon or Iggee. I'm a little hesitant on the Synthetic leather of the Iggees and how they will be with the top off (hot). Does anyone have any experience (or pics!) of the marathons and/or Iggees?

I'm looking for something that's easy to clean since I have 3 dogs and an 18 month old and something that will keep water off the seats if I get caught in the rain with no top.
Thanks!
I'm shopping around too and had eliminated the Trek's due to the side airbag issue, but someone told me they do have one's that support the side airbag, you just have to call them because it doesn't show on their site. I haven't had a chance to call yet, but if you like the Trek's something you may want to consider.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$357 shipped for iggees. no price difference between 2 tone and single tone. I just installed mine last weekend. Good quality and look great. waiting a couple weeks for some of the wrinkles to work themselves out before posting pictures. I had Clazzio seat covers in my old minivan. Clazzio is the best quality and fit imo but more money. Too bad Clazzio doesnt make covers for the JK.
I had Clazzios in my 2010 FJ before getting the jeep and loved them. Great fit and super easy to clean. The only thing I'm worried about with the Iggees in the jeep is how they will hold up to direct sunlight when the top is off. I've heard some mixed reviews on that. Can anyone with Iggees comment on that and if they get unbearably hot in direct sunlight?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm shopping around too and had eliminated the Trek's due to the side airbag issue, but someone told me they do have one's that support the side airbag, you just have to call them because it doesn't show on their site. I haven't had a chance to call yet, but if you like the Trek's something you may want to consider.
Hmmmmm... that's interesting. I'll have to give them a call. I emailed the a couple months ago about side airbags and they said they were "looking into it".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks, I look forward to the pictures!

Just to be sure, are the "Superhides" their "Ballistic Cordura" material? When I go on their site and select my jeep (2014 unlimited) all I get is the ballistic cordura material with no mention of Superhides. My options are basically $500 shipped for front and rear in 1 color or $560 for 2-tone.
Mine are digital camo. They are 1000 cordura. I think superhides are the pattern covers.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I had Clazzios in my 2010 FJ before getting the jeep and loved them. Great fit and super easy to clean. The only thing I'm worried about with the Iggees in the jeep is how they will hold up to direct sunlight when the top is off. I've heard some mixed reviews on that. Can anyone with Iggees comment on that and if they get unbearably hot in direct sunlight?
Iggee fitment and quality are not on par with Clazzio, but the install is a lot easier. I'm sure direct sunlight will not be good for any leather or synthetic leather. I have a spiderwebshade, so not too worried about it. Interested to hear what others' experience is too though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iggee fitment and quality are not on par with Clazzio, but the install is a lot easier. I'm sure direct sunlight will not be good for any leather or synthetic leather. I have a spiderwebshade, so not too worried about it. Interested to hear what others' experience is too though.
That's a good point. I just put a SWS on my jeep as well so that will help keep some of the sun off the covers.

Another consideration is price. The marathons, like I said, are $500 for a single color or $560 for 2 tone. The Iggees are $360 regardless of color. I'm kinda leaning towards the Cordura Nylon material of the Marathons but I really can't decide one way or another. The nylon shouldn't get as hot as the Synthetic leather and in theory shouldn't scratch as easy either. Not sure if the Synthetic leather is more water resistant though. Decisions!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Are Trek Armor made from Cordura material?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have Marathon superhides in my f250

Worth every last penny.:iamhappy:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had black and gray Iggee's on my TJ for about six years. They held up great. No rips/tears and no fading that I could notice. They got warm in direct sunlight, but not unbearably hot.

I highly recommend them every chance I get.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have you looked at seatcoversunlimited
I hadn't. I just built a pair of Leatherette on their site and it came out to 560 shipped. Not sure if they fit better then the Iggees but for the prove I would probably go with the Iggees. Do you have a set from seatcoversunlimited?

I also built a set of cordura and it came out to 484 shipped. Again, not sure if they ate better than the marathons but they are a little bit cheaper.

Thanks for showing the site. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a set and if so, which material.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had black and gray Iggee's on my TJ for about six years. They held up great. No rips/tears and no fading that I could notice. They got warm in direct sunlight, but not unbearably hot.

I highly recommend them every chance I get.
That's good to hear. I'm really torn between them and marathon. Synthetic leather vs cordura.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone happen to have pictures of the marathon cordura seat covers?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For that kind of money look into the Katzkin leather . Ive sen them on ebay for $550 .
The only thing leaning me towards cordura instead of leather (or synthetic leather like the Iggees) is that it shouldn't get nearly as hot in the sun with the top off.

Any reasons to pick leather over cordura?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts