Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded my 09 Cherokee for an 07 lifted Rubicon. Lots of goodies already ordered and on the way. The end vision will be a tribute to my dad who recently unexpectedly passed away and was a Vietnam veteran (and retired state trooper). Have multiple decals ordered, but am open to any advice or ideas to make this a great tribute to my hero!
To all who have and will serve you're the top bunch and have all my respect!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Best Honour is your Dad is a Marine

You have just given your Dad the best honour possible by sharing that he is a Marine . ( Never 'was' , always 'is' a Marine .) Nothing better than a Marine . In Vietnam the Marines had the back of everyone else , and everyone else Owes the Marines . I was Army Infantry in Vietnam , and that is exactly what I tell Marine vets at the VA hospital . :bop:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great way to honor your Father and his fellow Marines. Once a Marine always a Marine. My Dad was in for 26 years.

·
Administrator
42,602 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone! The majority of the parts arrive today so it's like Christmas morning!! I have the progress on my Instagram @WI_Ruby . Also new to the forum thing but will try to figure out how to post a picture on here! Ha ha
I know my dad would Be proud of this project!!

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Awsome of you to do this. My Dad was in Vietnam. Hes got a frame on his wall with his ribbons.Pretty cool

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool! I have a memorial shelf at home with his patches and awards. He was also a retired State Trooper sooooo lots of badges, patches, trophies, and awards.

Jeep is coming along... up next decals!

Attachments

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Very cool! I have a memorial shelf at home with his patches and awards. He was also a retired State Trooper sooooo lots of badges, patches, trophies, and awards.

Jeep is coming along... up next decals!
Sounds like a good man.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I thank your dad for his service, both in the USMC and as a LEO.

By the way, you have an awesome tribute Jeep!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the support! I know dad would be laughing if I told him how many guys break their neck when they see the Jeep and than realize it's a chick driving!
It feels great to show everyday my support of our troops and how great my dad was!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Agreed with Jak_Rak!

Very sorry to hear of your loss. A lifetime of service between the Marines & State Trooper goes to show his devotion to Country, State, & Community. Both very honorable ways to serve.

V/R

1 - 14 of 14 Posts