Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too much around about these tires. They look great and the price is right. Getting them locally for about $212.00 each and I'm buying 5. They'll go on my factory Rubicon wheels. 305/65/17. Almost went 295/70/17! Anybody have any final thoughts on these before I pay for them in the morning? I used the search function and again not much being said. Thanks guys/gals! image-3488382947.jpg These below are the 295' image-3647856051.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've had the 315/70/17 only for a couple months and really like them...can't speak on longevity but the reviews I've seen were all good

Sent from the Aether

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Out of the two sizes you post, I would go 295/70-17, I believe it is slightly taller, and looks wide enough without looking too bulky.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
I've had the 315/70/17 only for a couple months and really like them...can't speak on longevity but the reviews I've seen were all good

Sent from the Aether
Why did you get rid of them?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the c/ts and I like the tire a lot compared to the Kelly Safaris that I had on there. I know there is a difference between the c/ts and the mt but I would recommend master craft again and again.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
He said he has only had them a couple months, which is why he doesnt know about longevity, not because he got rid of them.
doh!:doh:

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Im contemplating between these and cooper stt pro's..do the 35's run small to you guys that have them?
The Mastercraft MXTs are made by cooper and has the same number of plys as the STT Pros. The tread pattern is almost identical, but the weight is slightly different. The STT Pros probably has a more reinforced carcass. Probably could not tell the difference...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Im contemplating between these and cooper stt pro's..do the 35's run small to you guys that have them?
Mine measure 34" on a stock Rubicon rim.

The Mastercraft MXTs are made by cooper and has the same number of plys as the STT Pros. The tread pattern is almost identical, but the weight is slightly different. The STT Pros probably has a more reinforced carcass. Probably could not tell the difference...
This. I almost bought the Mastercraft's, but I just decided I liked the tread of the STT Pro's better.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Mine measure 34" on a stock Rubicon rim.

This. I almost bought the Mastercraft's, but I just decided I liked the tread of the STT Pro's better.

Funny, the STT Pros have a KM2 pattern with similar sidewall, and the Mastercraft has more of a KM pattern with similar sidewall.

Yes, the STT Pros do look a little better!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Funny, the STT Pros have a KM2 pattern with similar sidewall, and the Mastercraft has more of a KM pattern with similar sidewall.

Yes, the STT Pros do look a little better!
Yup, and the STT Pros are on average $40 a tire cheaper then the KM2's in my size. These were expensive enough. Haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen a few trucks running those mastercraft tires and i have to say I almost want a pair. I currently have some Mickey Thompson's that came on my jeep when it was purchased and I am not a fan of them at all.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I did a detailed write up on Jk Forum about this tire. I have 30K on my 275/70R18's and just under half tread left. I figure at least another 15K left before the wear bars are close. Great tire, quietest and lightest MT i've ever owned, and i've owned a few. No issues with sidewalls in rocks at low PSI. Great in mud, wet roads, etc... Best part, I found a 37 in this tire for like 275! Yeah, come on baby. I wish they would wear out sooner. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Had 'em, they're good, but I upgraded to the Cooper STT Pros (same company) and they're night and day better.
Whoa, care to enlighten how they are night and day?!?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts