Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently discovered mastercrafts courser mxt tires and they look really appealing... Nice tread, great price, and seem like they'd do well on and off road. Long story short I've been looking for reviews and haven't come up with many because it's a new tire so put down your thoughts on them if you have run them previously or have found anything online about them that i haven't!!
Thanks a lot
:)

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I have used 3 different brands of tires on my Jeeps....Bottom line the ones that did the "best" for me in an "all around" Jeep/ DD-sometimes wheeler, have been an A/T with some very good sipping. You MIGHT be able to find someway to reference the "hardness" of the rubber and than compare to other tires like Winter tires or other A/Ts.

Being a "new tire", it may be difficult to get good info....lets face it the best tire for New Mexico and Ca is not the same one you want for Alaska or Canada!! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jp! That is a good point, I'll keep looking around :) the size I am looking for is 32x11.5x15 let me know if you have any good suggestions

·
Registered
541 Posts
I had Mastercraft Courser 32" on a Tacoma truck before getting my TJ. They rode well, worked great in the snow/mud and wear good. We put the Courser AT2, i believe, on my daughter's 97 and they ride great. I am leaning towards doing the MXT on my 05 once my Mickey Thompsons wear out. Tires are like any other topic. Ask 10 people and get at least 7 different answers. I would say you probably can't go wrong with Duratracs, but for the price and my experience with Mastercraft, I think they are well worth the price and you would be happy with them.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
This is not first hand, but the guy that does all my tire work just put them on his toyota, they are stiff enough to air down further than my Duratracs and seem to be a decent compound. I havent been out on the rocks with anyone that has them yet and have only seen the one set. I will say I am still deciding between the Coursers and Kevlars when I buy my 35"s in a month or so, the price ($197/ea vs $250/ea for Kevlars) is a powerful temptation.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I am going to go ahead and beat the dead horse....sorry... but I would look at the Duratracs....I had them on the TJ and when I sold the TJ I added them to my '12 JK....and when the '14 JKU needs tires...yep Duratracs....Wondering why you want 32"s? Duratracs "GENERALLY" run small 33" DTs MIGHT fit......

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can't speak for the mud terrains, but I ran 31x10.50 mastercraft all-terrains for 30k miles and they wore great. Took a few off roading trips and they did great off road as well. I sold the Jeep at the 30k mile mark, but I'm sure they lasted much much longer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to go ahead and beat the dead horse....sorry... but I would look at the Duratracs....I had them on the TJ and when I sold the TJ I added them to my '12 JK....and when the '14 JKU needs tires...yep Duratracs....Wondering why you want 32"s? Duratracs "GENERALLY" run small 33" DTs MIGHT fit......
Going for just a 2 inch lift on my tj so don't have too much room, plus my 2.5 4 cylinder with 4.10s and Im not at the point to where I can put a grand into regearing the whole thing. Idk if this would make a difference but maybe if I tried to find a lightweight 33 inch tire it wouldn't slug behind so badly. I don't know I'm gonna keep reading the forums and searching the web and see what I come up with. Thanks a lot for the help and keep it coming ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking into something that isn't gonna roar when driving at highway speeds because this will be a daily driver and a weekend off-road type vehicle. So I know an all terrain would be my best bet. Just let me know what you guys would do if you were in my shoes

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And if nothing else I'll go with the bfg at in 32x11.5. I've heard good things about it on and off road but heard it doesn't do all that well in mud and want to try something different rather than what just about every other intermediate keeper runs

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the mastercraft mt's. If you don't have the radio on you can hear them a little bit but not too bad. They work good offroad as well as far as I can tell. They're good in mud and on rocks. And they look mean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good considering the price! Really considering these, haven't heard many bad reviews! Hope they aren't too loud on road

1 - 20 of 27 Posts