Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Nope, had them painted by a local body shop. It was $125 for all 5.
not terrible, but i am going to spray paint mine. they will quickly get scratched up and spray painting is easier than taking them to the shop. but if you don't wheel often that isn't a bad price. i made the mistake of running trails one day without them and i scuffed up the rims pretty good already. my rings and billet silver spray paint will be here wednesday.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
not terrible, but i am going to spray paint mine. they will quickly get scratched up and spray painting is easier than taking them to the shop. but if you don't wheel often that isn't a bad price. i made the mistake of running trails one day without them and i scuffed up the rims pretty good already. my rings and billet silver spray paint will be here wednesday.
I thought the same thing. I have had them on for 4000 miles now and not one scratch. This is with offroading locally and colorado trip. I asked him to put a layer or 2 more on it and he did. Also, My tires are pretty wide for the wheels so if I hit anything, I bounce off my side wall first.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I may have missed it, but what lift are you running? Have you had any issues with it?
I'm running the 3.5" RK X factor kit with Rancho 9000xl shocks and metal cloak bump stops in the front.

No problems at all other than needing bump stops in the rear. I couldn't be any happier with the on-road and off-road characteristics of the jeep. Its amazingly smooth and rides great on the road. If you were close to me, I'd offer a ride.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I thought the same thing. I have had them on for 4000 miles now and not one scratch. This is with offroading locally and colorado trip. I asked him to put a layer or 2 more on it and he did. Also, My tires are pretty wide for the wheels so if I hit anything, I bounce off my side wall first.
i have nitto trail grapplers. super wide with very stiff sidewall and they have a lip that will make mounting the rings tough i think. i still somehow scuffed them. oh well.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Christmas gift #2

Waiting for the MORE mount for under the hood, rugged ridge A pillar button mount, and rugged ridge CB radio mount. Currently have the passenger side footwell but we installed a friends over the mirror and I like that placement more.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 132 Posts