Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I guess to start... College kid, studying to be a chef. First build. Trying and doing everyone myself. And totally in love with the jeeping culture and have been ever since I was little sitting on a small cooler in order to see over the dash in my fathers TJ.

I have named my project Matador JK. Started with a stock 6 speed 2011 rubi and have installed a 2.5inch AEV dual sport suspension; 17inch pro comp wheels with 35 toyo open country R/T tires; Poison Spyder BFH rear bumper, hood louver, & tramp stamp; Rugged Ridge Ft bumper and a barricade 9500lbs winch. Interior: grab bars and a kenwood ddx7701hd receiver with back-up cam.

I plan to add a roof rack soon and mount my spare tire on the top, photos soon to come. along with PS crusher corners and fenders, JW speakers, and various circle lights long the top of the rack and on the A pillars.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ill give u guys this photo also because its funny, when i was reinstalling my ft bumper after switching the grill from the black it is in the above photo, back to the stock white. Which I have on it now. I forgot to put the fog light back in and didn't realize until the last bolt. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also chopped the fenders so the ft and rear faces share the same angles as the bumpers, i don't have a ft facing photo but do have this cool photo. ill take better full shots in the next snow storm after i get my car washed.

Attachments

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Your rig is coming together really nicely! Sounds like you have some clear plans for it as well. Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like prices on anything you're looking to add. We have some great Roof Racks and Lighting.

-Ryan

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice rig! How'd you chop the fenders? they look pretty straight! debating on doing this to mine though im not good with keeping straight lines

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
ill give u guys this photo also because its funny, when i was reinstalling my ft bumper after switching the grill from the black it is in the above photo, back to the stock white. Which I have on it now. I forgot to put the fog light back in and didn't realize until the last bolt. lol
Man I've been there and done that. When I installed my lift I had to remove the unit bearings because I kept screwing up with the placement of my dust shields. I was about to start throwing tools!

Disassembly: removed unit bearings for axle swap
Assembly attempt 1: forgot dust covers
Assembly attempt 2: dust covers installed backwards and rotated
Assembly attempt 3: dust covers reinstalled rotated
Assembly attempt 4: AAHHHH finally nailed it

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Looks great! Impressive build for a college kid, when I was in college my roommate had to weld on the wrong muffler to my buick just so I could pass inspection and keep driving it lol. Keep up the nice work the jeep looks great.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks good so far. Interested in why you want to mount the spare tire to on the roof? Never seen that before on a JK, do you ever plan on taking the top down?

Also as a fellow college student trying to build a jeep, I feel your pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts