Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna rhino liner my jeep for the rust factor, but i like the look of the carpet... kinda defeats the purpose but has anyone put the carpets back in there jeep after they rhinolinered it?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
why would it defeat the purpose? The Rhino is just for added protection, and the carpet aslo helps as a sound damper too.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
On top of what AZ stated about the noise (Which is spot on), the carpet also keeps some of the heat off your feet. So, if you are coating the inside of your tub for better protection then hell if you want to put the carpet back in go for it.

Most people line their tub so they don't have to have the carpet, or so they can protect the metal and be able to take a hose to it if they want to. But there aren't any "rules" for this stuff. :D

·
Registered
858 Posts
not trying to hijack the thread but if you choose to not line your tub and run without carpets (just floor mats), other than the occasional hot foot, any negatives to this?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I took out my crapy old carpet and decided I wanted to replace it with something other than carpet. I ended up buying a molded rubber mat to fit the tub. Once I cut all the holes in it that I need to make it fit it will be reel nice.:D

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
look into permatech liners. its a rubery type material. i think it would help knock down some noise bc it's a litle thicker that rhino

·
Registered
375 Posts
I run mats over my lined tub to keep some of the heat down. Just have to let them dry after U get them soaked, I havent thought of putting the carpet back in there.... till now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts