Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I installed a teraflex leveling kit and it looked great. Then installed new rims and tires and smittybilt xrc gen 2 bumper and tire carrier. Tire carrier is awesome but..... It weighs like 200 something pounds. So now my ass end sags. What are my options? 2 inch puck instead of the 1"? I have stock ruby shocks on now. Rather not change too much. Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda want to go up not down.lol. Teraflex sells a 2" rear spacer. Just seems like 2 " is the area where the manufacturers start talking about different shocks and other mods. Rubicon express has a 1.75 too. Maybe I'll just get that one.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I kinda want to go up not down.lol. Teraflex sells a 2" rear spacer. Just seems like 2 " is the area where the manufacturers start talking about different shocks and other mods. Rubicon express has a 1.75 too. Maybe I'll just get that one.
You don't need new shocks if you get shock extension brackets.
I recently installed the AEV 2" spacer kit, which came with shock extension brackets.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
Hey, I installed a teraflex leveling kit and it looked great. Then installed new rims and tires and smittybilt xrc gen 2 bumper and tire carrier. Tire carrier is awesome but..... It weighs like 200 something pounds. So now my ass end sags. What are my options? 2 inch puck instead of the 1"? I have stock ruby shocks on now. Rather not change too much. Thanks.
If you lost the height due to weight and you add a spacer to get it back, it has no effect on the shocks. Only when you add to get additional height do you need to think about the shocks.

Your problem will be that the stock springs don't support added weight very well. Spacer kits are great if you run light with stock bumpers, etc. but a heavier rig with aftermarket bumpers and winch really need to consider springs and the other parts that make up a normal lift...

Since you have a 2dr, you could also source a set of 4dr springs which would help. A set of 60's in the rear would be good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't need new shocks if you get shock extension brackets.
I recently installed the AEV 2" spacer kit, which came with shock extension brackets.
Ok, Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you lost the height due to weight and you add a spacer to get it back, it has no effect on the shocks. Only when you add to get additional height do you need to think about the shocks.

Your problem will be that the stock springs don't support added weight very well. Spacer kits are great if you run light with stock bumpers, etc. but a heavier rig with aftermarket bumpers and winch really need to consider springs and the other parts that make up a normal lift...

Since you have a 2dr, you could also source a set of 4dr springs which would help. A set of 60's in the rear would be good.
Gotta look at spring numbers, 60's May do the job

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
56's, eh? I have a set of 59's that I will give you if you feel like taking a ride down to NW NJ. You should see a nice bump from them, probably something like 1/2" to 3/4". You could have the front 19's if you want too. And if you want to go one step further and bring me a case of beer, I will also give you my Rubi take off shocks with 20K on them. Just figured I would offer since I would love them out of my garage.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
56's, eh? I have a set of 59's that I will give you if you feel like taking a ride down to NW NJ. You should see a nice bump from them, probably something like 1/2" to 3/4". You could have the front 19's if you want too. And if you want to go one step further and bring me a case of beer, I will also give you my Rubi take off shocks with 20K on them. Just figured I would offer since I would love them out of my garage.
How about you get me a quote to ship the 2 Rear 59,s . I'll pay shipping plus throw you $25.00 ????

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
How about you get me a quote to ship the 2 Rear 59,s . I'll pay shipping plus throw you $25.00 ????
That would work for me. They are not as long as the fronts so I don't need some crazy large box. Can you message me your address? Shipping shouldn't be too bad, I will have the wife do it on her corporate account and then pay her back. That should make it cheaper for you overall. Tell me the max you want to lay out for shipping so that I can have her decide whether to send them or not the same day she brings them to work. If the difference is small, I will eat it myself out of the $25 extra just to get them gone.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That would work for me. They are not as long as the fronts so I don't need some crazy large box. Can you message me your address? Shipping shouldn't be too bad, I will have the wife do it on her corporate account and then pay her back. That should make it cheaper for you overall. Tell me the max you want to lay out for shipping so that I can have her decide whether to send them or not the same day she brings them to work. If the difference is small, I will eat it myself out of the $25 extra just to get them gone.
Site won't let me send you a message for some reason. $20 or so for shipping.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts