Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being north of 57 years old, I do not want to lift my 2012 Deep Cherry Red Unlimited unless I absolutely have to. What is the largest tire that will fit? Does anyone have any experience with the Goodyear Duratrac?

2 doors are great, however 4 r better! Just traded in my 2008 and got $1500 less than I paid for it 3 years ago. Gotta use that savings for something, maybe a bumper/winch. Hope you r reading this honey? :whistling:

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Jfoster55:

I have the MB72 15" Black Alloy rims on BFG AT 32x11.5-15 on my 12 JK.
You can see pics of it in my profile.
I think that is the largest tire that will fit without rubbing, while wheeling, without lift kit.
I also like the color of your new JK.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am looking at doing the same. I have a 2012 Sahara. Can I fit 33's on the stock rims if I get spacers? And what spacers do you all recommend?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
You can fit 33's but will only need spacers if you put wider than stock tires on the stock wheels. Wheels with the proper back spacing for the width of the tire will solve the problem and eliminate the need for spacers. None of that has changed for the 2012. It's still a JK.

·
Registered
696 Posts
May squeeze 35s on with flat fenders and trimming.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
You can fit 33's but will only need spacers if you put wider than stock tires on the stock wheels. Wheels with the proper back spacing for the width of the tire will solve the problem and eliminate the need for spacers. None of that has changed for the 2012. It's still a JK.
Sorry if this is redundant, but I gotta get it right! To recap, you can replace the OEM stock 255 70 18 Bridgestone Duelers (yuck) with the 33" 275 Duratrac on the factory wheels, as long as you add spacers (1.5" Spidertrax, for example) without a lift? Thanks!

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've got 35x12.5x17s with no lift, but had to trim the fenders. I'm sure it'll rub if and when I do some serious off-roading, so I'll be putting on at least a 1" puck lift or a 2.5" suspension lift. It's only rubbed once in the last 5,000 miles or so after trimming, when I had 3 big guys in the back seat and I hit some rough RR tracks at 35mph or so.

Before trimming

Recent shot

As you can see, the rear is a little tight and I'm not sure about flexing the front. When I get time later this spring, I'll get the Jeep out of the farm and flex it a bit and see what it might need, but for my current driving needs, it rides great, looks great and does much better in the snow than with the orig BFG MTs.

Keep researching, asking questions and try and find others with similar JKUs and see what worked for them. Best of luck & Happy New Year!

·
Registered
6 Posts
purchasing 2012 Jeep S

The question that was posted is exactly what I am interested in. However, I am not familiar with the terms in the answers.

When I look at tires I am looking at the formula: 255 75 R17.

I am purchasing my third new jeep (me female 53 years old). I can finally afford some really nice big tires.

What I want are the biggest tires I can get without modifying anything and I want some really deep, nottty treads.

What am I looking for?????

So excited about my 3rd jeep Wrangler.

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
2 Posts
MAX tires

I have a question I am thinking about getting a Jeep and was wondering ,if I get a Base Jeep with 16's can I go up in tires size or maybe even wheel size? Do I have to worry about the rear gears size? thanks Mike

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts