Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering some 285 (33') tires for my 2007 JK today and will have a full size spare. I am using my stock 17" rims. Will the spare fit on the rear carrier or will I have to buy a 3rd brake light extension?

Who's running what?

·
Super Moderator
22,524 Posts
no you will be fine you can run a 34 ie 285/75-17 and still use factory 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am ordering some 285 (33') tires for my 2007 JK today and will have a full size spare. I am using my stock 17" rims. Will the spare fit on the rear carrier or will I have to buy a 3rd brake light extension?

Who's running what?
Yes it will fit, the bump stops will be to short, use two golf balls painted black to fill in the gap.

·
Super Moderator
22,524 Posts
Yes it will fit, the bump stops will be to short, use two golf balls painted black to fill in the gap.
too short on stock rims? I think the other way around too long.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just realIzed I asked this question in the TJ forum and I have a JK. Not sure if it's going to change at all, but I wanna be sure. this caught my attention. I am getting wheels and tires this weekend. 33x12.5r17s. My current stock are 32 in diameter on 18s. Will the spare fit on the back without having to do anything??? I probably should have checked into this a little sooner :/ I hope it fits!

·
Super Moderator
22,524 Posts
you will be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts