Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so close to pulling the trigger on a JKU and have been told I really should be getting the 3.73 and not the 3.21. While the sticker on the Jeep I have in mind shows 3.21, the salesperson is telling me that b/c the vehicle has the MAX TOW PACKAGE it actually has the 3.73. Is this true? I would think it would show 3.73 on the sticker.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
If it has MaxTow it will show 3.73 on the right side of the sticker under MaxTow, stock options are listed on the left.
Mark

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
holyjeepers said:
I am so close to pulling the trigger on a JKU and have been told I really should be getting the 3.73 and not the 3.21. While the sticker on the Jeep I have in mind shows 3.21, the salesperson is telling me that b/c the vehicle has the MAX TOW PACKAGE it actually has the 3.73. Is this true? I would think it would show 3.73 on the sticker.
Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 3.21 is listed as Standard Feature, the 3.73 is part of the max tow package. Tons of comments on this all over these pages. I just bought my 12 JKU and found all this out. So if it has the Max Tow you get the 3.73 with the Tow package you can get either but pay extra for the 3.73.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I test-drove the 3.21 and 3.73 back to back in 2012 JKUs. The difference was noticeable, with the 3.73 having better acceleration. I would have ordered the 4.10 if I could have, but I wanted a Saraha and the 4.10 was only available in the Rubicon. You'll like the 3.73, and getting the trailer tow package with it is a bonus.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I test-drove the 3.21 and 3.73 back to back in 2012 JKUs. The difference was noticeable, with the 3.73 having better acceleration. I would have ordered the 4.10 if I could have, but I wanted a Saraha and the 4.10 was only available in the Rubicon. You'll like the 3.73, and getting the trailer tow package with it is a bonus.
I did the same and have to agree fully with this post. I was going to go with a Sahara until I saw the Arctic. I got one with 3.73s and am very happy so
far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts