Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks!

I have had a few jeeps in the past and are getting ready to order a 2012, I noticed that the max tow package gives you the 3.73 gears. I was wondering how much this effects the fuel economy with stock tires with the 6 speed manual. I will be lifting it 4 inches and adding around a 33 inch tire so I thought it would kind of even things out afterwards. I'm really not going to be doing much off-roading. Thinking about that Crush Orange color, not many around town...wish they still made the Sahara tan, I liked it.

Thank you in advance for any info.

Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Probably doesn't help you since I have the auto tranny but I average 17-18. My driving is 50/50 highway/city. Anyways, figured I'd chime..take care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Everyone for the advice, I know for sure it's getting lift and tires....should I just stick with the stock gears or will the 3.73 not really affect mileage? I know I'm not buying a Prius here, but I would rather spend the money on upgrades as opposed to fuel:) I also never drive on the highway.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Cant help you with info on the Manual Tranny.

I have the 2012 JKu with auto and Max-Tow.

Completely Stock.

Im averaging 20.3mpg

But.... I drive like a grown-up.

Manage your RPM's and the MPG's take care of themselves.

As much as I drive...each MPG I save calculates out to roughly $300/yr.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/rpm-mpg-133894.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
I get around 17 for mostly city driving on a stock 2012 Arctic with
the max tow and 6 speed manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts