Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in several places that getting the Max Tow Package might mean getting heavier duty springs, even though that's not listed in any official Jeep information I can find.

Does anyone know for sure? What springs do folks with Max Tow have?

I'm shopping for a new JKU Sport S before they're all gone. I've mostly been looking at ones with the Max Tow Package since I want the 3.73 gears. But I just saw one with the 3.73's as a stand alone option. I'm wondering if I go with this one, will I be missing out on heavier duty springs? Since I intend to add a winch & bumper, plus Gobi rack, plus will occasionally be hauling my 300 lb. dirt bike on a receiver rack, the stiffer springs would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
8,712 Posts
It would be nice to think that they did something like that, it would make sense. But they did not do that with our JKU. It came stock with Max Tow as well as the heavier bumpers and hard top of the Back Country package. If a JKU should have had the heaviest springs available ours would be it. It did not have the heaviest springs, only mid pack.
They do put different rate springs on different Jeeps, but I am not sure they are using an overly intelligent formula to determine when to use the heavier springs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For reference, my 2016 JKU Black Bear without Max Tow but with 3.73 gears and the hard top came with 17/59 springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.