Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...
I wanted to lift my 2015 JK 2 Door. I want to install it myself as its really not difficult.
I wanted the lift to be covered under my lifetime warranty.
I called and got a case number...
They stated that only the 2" lift will be covered by the warranty.
I can't buy a 3" Mopar lift. Only the 2" lift will be covered...
I clearly do not understand the reasoning here and I knew it would be an act of purest optimism to ask the rep over the phone.
Has anyone else asked such questions of the warranty folks?
LMAO sort of...:atomic:

Here is the email from [email protected]

Dear Customer:

Case #: XXXXXXXX VIN: 1C4AXXXXXXXXXXXXX Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER SPORT 4X4 SPORT UTILITY 2-DOOR

CALLER ASKED IF HE COULD INSTALL HIS OWN LIFT KIT TO VEHICLE WITHOUT VOIDING HIS WARRANTY. AGENT ADVISED CALLER DOES HAVE THE OPTION OF INSTALLLING A MOPAR LIFT KIT TO VEHICLE WITH A MAXIMUM OF 2 INCHES AND KIT WOULD BE COVERED. AGENT ADVISED CALLER TO KEEP A COPY OF ALL RECEIPT INFORMATION FOR LIFT KIT

Note: This is a system-generated message. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,
MARIO
Mopar Vehicle Protection Customer Care

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is strange. Also sucks since with a 2" lift you can't fit 35" tires if you want to keep the warranty.

·
Registered
567 Posts
2" Mopar lift (part number 77070088), and Mickey Thompson 33's. Fully waranteed through max are too and came with a double cardan front driveshaft. Drives EXCELLENT.

Also, the actually measured lift was 2" in the back and 3" in the front (leveling it).

What size tire did you want to run?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Those pics look nice. Wanted to run 35s.

·
Premium Member
16,866 Posts
2" Mopar lift (part number 77070088), and Mickey Thompson 33's. Fully waranteed through max are too and came with a double cardan front driveshaft. Drives EXCELLENT.

Also, the actually measured lift was 2" in the back and 3" in the front (leveling it).

The Lift Changed the Color of your Jeep TOO! ??

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,038 Posts

How do you like the ride?

The Parts Manager at my CDJ dealership is trying to convince me to do it.

Aldo

·
Registered
567 Posts
How do you like the ride?

The Parts Manager at my CDJ dealership is trying to convince me to do it.

Aldo
It's awesome. Expensive, but great road and off-road characteristics. I liked it enough to do it twice lol!

The fox shocks, mixed with the driveshaft and Mopar part number (I have the maxcare as well) made me take the first plunge. The ride on that jeep convinced me to do the other. Really excellent.

·
Super Moderator
13,038 Posts
It's awesome. Expensive, but great road and off-road characteristics. I liked it enough to do it twice lol!

The fox shocks, mixed with the driveshaft and Mopar part number (I have the maxcare as well) made me take the first plunge. The ride on that jeep convinced me to do the other. Really excellent.
Sounds tempting.

Thanks!

Aldo

·
Super Moderator
8,325 Posts
With flat fenders and trimming the air dam you can run 35s on 2 inch lift. Just watch the width of the tires. I run 37s on RKs 2.5 lift and my only rub is on control arms since the tires are a little wider (Trail Grapplers run wide).

·
Registered
567 Posts
With flat fenders and trimming the air dam you can run 35s on 2 inch lift. Just watch the width of the tires. I run 37s on RKs 2.5 lift and my only rub is on control arms since the tires are a little wider (Trail Grapplers run wide).

Bingo... I'm gonna go XRC, but same same(ish) haha. The 5.13's will be soon, then the armour and stuff haha.

Nice!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.