Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry if this has come up before, I tried to find my answer but could not so I am making this thread. Here is where I stand. I have a 2 door jk 07. I vurrently have Black Rock 997685042 Black Rock 997-Series Type 8 Wheels these rims on them. they are 4.25" backspaced. now, as I understand it the factory backspacing is like 5.5.....so here is my dilema. I want to do one or both of these things.

First, what is the maximum amount I can go on backspacing before I cause a problem with my jeep? can I add a 1.25-1.5" spacer with the 4.25 backspaced rims?

2nd, my wheels are lugcentric, not hubcentric. I e-mailed black rock for the centerbore measurement...can a hub ring help me? do they do any good?

I was told that if I use spacers I should get hub centric ones, if my wheels are lug centric and my spacer is hub centric (assuming I can do both) can I still use that ring to fix the wheel to hubcentric?

I hope I got that out clearly. I am currently debating on a level kit or BB and if I add height, would like to add a bit more width as well if possible.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
The only advise I can contribute is on wheel spacers DO NOT go chepo... Your life could depends on these. I know spider trax are well made.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you but I need to know if it is too much to add them to my current setup and if I can still use hub rings to mount my wheels onto the spacers hubcentrically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts