Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 Liberty which was my family ride was totaled last week. Shame it was in excellent condition with just 54,000 miles. I'm sure I won't get much for it and will need to buy a new vehicle.

It's a long shot but I'm toying with the idea of selling my TJ and buying a new Unlimited or Jeep Grand Cherokee. Other option is to keep her and buy a Honda CRV for family use.

What is she worth in todays market?
Here's the specs
02 TYJ
6 cyl
3 speed auto
Dan 44 rear
3.73 gearing
3" Rancho Lift
SYE
33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Mud tires on 15x10 Mickey Thompson wheels
New Mopar Radiator, water pump, hoses and thermostat
New Front axle seals
New Teraflex front adjustable track bar
New Black magic break pads with Centric rotors
New Barcat front seat covers
Exogate rear tire carrier
Hard top
Original Mopar Soft top in good condition
Rain Gear Trail cover

I am the third owner.
Jeep is in excellent comndtion. The frame is clean and coated inside and out with fluid film
One accident on the car fax
Jeep has been garaged most of its life and drives and runs great.
74,000 miles on her
I have most of the original suspension parts removed when the lift was installed.

Here's a photo. Since the pic was taken thefront bumper and winch have been removed for a stock TJ bumper.

Any input on what she is worth is appreciated. Jeep is located in NYC
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Best way to know what its worth is to look on KBB, Facebook and Craigslist and see what Jeeps are going for in your area. A Jeep in NYC is valued different than where I live in Wisconsin or in Colorado or Seattle so having us put a value on it is tough. It is a nice looking Jeep from the picture though!

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Before you sell it, make sure there is a vehicle to buy as a replacement.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best way to know what its worth is to look on KBB, Facebook and Craigslist and see what Jeeps are going for in your area. A Jeep in NYC is valued different than where I live in Wisconsin or in Colorado or Seattle so having us put a value on it is tough. It is a nice looking Jeep from the picture though!
Yea I have checked and prices are all over the place and nothing out there looks as good as mine or with the low mileage. Hopefully I can keep it

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
What do you think the price should be?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you think the price should be?

My neighbor bought a 2004 X with no hard top and a damaged front fender flare(easy fix) for 12,000. Albeit with lower mileage 48,000 or so.

So I would assume mine with a hard top/softtop and the hard to find dana 44 would go for 15-16. Plus mine is a much better looking and more capable rig,

Reactions: ztman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in MA a similar year stock, clean, no rust 4.0L auto sold for $11K.
If you need the money now is the time to sell. Jeep TJ prices are really high.
Middle if the summer I bought a 98 (rusty) TJ 4Cyl 5 speed 170K miles for $5.5K.

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
411 Posts
Yea I have checked and prices are all over the place and nothing out there looks as good as mine or with the low mileage. Hopefully I can keep it
Remember: asking prices have no correlation with actual selling prices. For an estimate make an asking price table of as many close(ish) matches to yours, then see if you'd sell for the mean price of those. Lower limit of the top third is likely to be the most you'll get.

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
637 Posts
Here in MA a similar year stock, clean, no rust 4.0L auto sold for $11K.
If you need the money now is the time to sell. Jeep TJ prices are really high.
Middle if the summer I bought a 98 (rusty) TJ 4Cyl 5 speed 170K miles for $5.5K.
Man what a year changes. I sold a 97 sport 4.0 auto 3.55 30/35 stock 165k miles with warn xd9000i up front. Full doors soft top only. She ran great. But frame was going. Had it for sale for months. All I could get was $3800 Now the prices of TJ's are stupid.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Man, you will be sorry when this is gone, its beautiful, whatever you do will never replace this icon and its longivity. These are becoming an heirloom . . . pack everyone in and have a ball, long trips, do as we do, rent some non-descript thing that gets from A 2Z certainly without the style you now enjoy. I owned (when business was good in my driveway I had a turbo 911 3.0, Porsche, A 3.0 BMW, and Bronco II, A F-150 4x 4 Lariat AND A "CJ5". I LET A YOUNG EMPLOYEE NAG ME DAILY TO BUY MY CJ, IT WAS WHAT iI DROVE 80% OF THE TIME AMONG ALL THE OTHERS. I'm sorry to this day I sold my CJ, I responded with a replacement awesome YJ in perfect condition and make modes well thought out in advance and sparingly. Driving something, with the two 911's that never fit me, the jeeps always have. I swear they take on a personality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts