Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I need some advice. I'm new to the forums , and not a current Jeep owner, but I have the chance to buy one with really low mileage from a dealership. I went in the other day to get an oil change on my 2013 Fiat Abarth (a fun little ride, fast as heck), and saw a preowned 2015 Jeep OM for sale with only 5595 miles on it. The Oscar Mike is a Black 2015 (with flat black stars), 2 doors, upgraded rims, hardtop, A/C, Sat radio, bluetooth, power windowa, power mirrors, cruise control, basically every feature I could want. Oh, and it has the factory towing package, which could come in handy. They're asking $29K for it and offering me a very fair trade value for the Fiat. My question for the group is does the price seem reasonable? I haven't seen the original sticker, but I've seen similar for around $35K.

Any insight you could offer would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 JT Mojave Sting Gray
269 Posts
Assuming they would negotiate a little on their asking price of $29K, it seems reasonable to me given the mileage. It hasn't been wrecked and it wasn't an FCA buyback (check the carfax report)?

·
Super Moderator
10,675 Posts
Just be aware that a JK won't drive nor feel like a little Abarth. The axles alone weigh an extra Abarth.

Starting price sounds reasonable.

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car Fax is clean, and they're offering me about $2,500 more for my trade-in than Car Max did, so that's a pretty good indicator I think. I actually love the way the Jeep drives. I took it home last night, and it's a MUCH better ride than the Abarth, albeit very different.

Actually, this wouldn't be my first Jeep. I owned a 1990 Sahara 26 years ago. The difference in quality and driveablity is just amazing. There are some things very reminiscent of my old Jeep, but overall, it's a whole different experience, in a good way!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Do it. Unload that load of a car called Fiat. :) I rented one while my Jeep was in for service and it was POSITIVELY the worst car i have ever drove

·
Super Moderator
10,675 Posts
Do it. Unload that load of a car called Fiat. :) I rented one while my Jeep was in for service and it was POSITIVELY the worst car i have ever drove
Hmmm...I will still say the WORST car I ever drove was a Toyota Corolla --followed closely by a Toyota Yaris.

Either of those will make a FIAT 500 feel like a Lamborghini by comparison.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Check Kelly Blue Book, kbb.com, and enter both vehicles and you should be able to gauge what they are offering. It has been my experience that CarMax offers really really low below wholesale value on their offers.

It sounds like you like the Jeep, if it has everything you want and is extra clean then I wouldn't mind paying a premium for it. Personally, I would rather pay an extra 1k for a pristine mall crawler that has never seen dirt and has been well maintained than save 1k and buy someone's trail rig. Just my opinion tho.

·
Registered
357 Posts
thats a fair price.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Hmmm...I will still say the WORST car I ever drove was a Toyota Corolla --followed closely by a Toyota Yaris.

Either of those will make a FIAT 500 feel like a Lamborghini by comparison.
LOL Let's hear why.... :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check Kelly Blue Book, kbb.com, and enter both vehicles and you should be able to gauge what they are offering. It has been my experience that CarMax offers really really low below wholesale value on their offers.

It sounds like you like the Jeep, if it has everything you want and is extra clean then I wouldn't mind paying a premium for it. Personally, I would rather pay an extra 1k for a pristine mall crawler that has never seen dirt and has been well maintained than save 1k and buy someone's trail rig. Just my opinion tho.
I'm with you. It looks like it's never seen mud, and spent most of its time on the dealer's lot. Looks like I'm buying a Jeep!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hmmm...I will still say the WORST car I ever drove was a Toyota Corolla --followed closely by a Toyota Yaris. Either of those will make a FIAT 500 feel like a Lamborghini by comparison.
I'm guessing you never drove a Yugo,( or the '71 Vega I had in high school back in '77) :)

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Sounds like a very fair price from what I've seen
Yeah the '15 Oscar Mike may be priced fairly but what he gets on trade for the fiat is what's up in the air. Dealers are slick with what they offer on trades. It's all a shell game. He needs to make sure he gets a fair number on that end.

I bought preowned and went to 2 dealers, the difference in my trade in value was $4.2k.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Even better: find out for yourself. On your upcoming business trip ask to rent a Corolla --make sure to stuff a hard hat in your suitcase ;)
Lol! If you had a hard time, I'm afraid of what will happen to me... The air is much thinner where I am.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Oh, I drove a Chevette once. It couldn't hold 40 MPH on an incline!
A guy I went to high school with had one, we'd call it "The Vette"!

Since we're talking about under power crap boxes, my first car was a 1979 Datsun 210, 4 door, RWD, 4 cylinder. Makes me appreciate what I have now-guess mom and dad knew exactly what they were doing when they got it for me.

OP, seems like a fair deal, especially if you're getting decent trade in value. As mentioned above, be careful, this is how they move money around.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts