Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using these shallow mount subs? or another shallow mount sub? These mount in 3" space which would be awesome as I am either thinking of modifying my center console or even better would be using the space under the passenger or drivers seat.

Also if the peak watt is 600 and the RMS is 300 ...then what would be a good amp to push one or 2 subs?

I don't want my YJ vibrating apart but my trance and dubstep needs some bass... and I don't want a box in the back as thats my cargo/dog space

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
go check out the stereo integrity's BM MKIII

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Alpine sells a shallow mount sub that isn't to bad

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Keep in mind that the peak Watts have nothing to do with what the sub should run at. Look at the rms rating of a sub. Ifs its a 300watt rms sub get an amp that runs around 350-375rm Watts this way the amp doesn't have to try hard to power the sub.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Keep in mind that the peak Watts have nothing to do with what the sub should run at. Look at the rms rating of a sub. Ifs its a 300watt rms sub get an amp that runs around 350-375rm Watts this way the amp doesn't have to try hard to power the sub.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an Image Dynamics 12" sub in a down firing box in the truck area. I picked up an Alpine MRP-M500 for less than 2 bills that has 300x1 into 4 ohms and 500X1 into 2 ohms. Sounds good, hits well and did not break the bank:punk:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have an Image Dynamics 12" sub in a down firing box in the truck area. I picked up an Alpine MRP-M500 for less than 2 bills that has 300x1 into 4 ohms and 500X1 into 2 ohms. Sounds good, hits well and did not break the bank:punk:
the problem is I wont put a box in the trunk area as it is my cargo dog space and it just exactly is the same length and width as the dogs kennel. I pack that baby tight. Kennel laid flat, dog bed on top with luggage and gear strapped to roll cage and the wheel wells.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the problem is I wont put a box in the trunk area as it is my cargo dog space and it just exactly is the same length and width as the dogs kennel. I pack that baby tight. Kennel laid flat, dog bed on top with luggage and gear strapped to roll cage and the wheel wells.

My bad, I thought you were asking about amplifiers...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts