Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share(sorry for the poser pic). MB TKO's wrapped in Falken Rocky Mountain AT's(33x12.5x15) no lift, yet. I will be getting MB Chaos center caps delivered on Wed, since I am not a fan of the TKO center caps.

Thanks DT for your help and fast delivery!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just wanted to share(sorry for the poser pic). MB TKO's wrapped in Falken Rocky Mountain AT's(33x12.5x15) no lift, yet. I will be getting MB Chaos center caps delivered on Wed, since I am not a fan of the TKO center caps.

Thanks DT for your help and fast delivery!

Just put that combo on mine,Had to make new caps hated the stock ones. Just put lift on last night no pics yet. I'm happy with the set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just put that combo on mine,Had to make new caps hated the stock ones. Just put lift on last night no pics yet. I'm happy with the set up.
What lift did you go with? I am will probably go with the TF leveling kit. I would rather go with a 2.5 lift, but I promised the wife I would take a break from big purchases for a little bit.:whistling:

·
Registered
63 Posts
What lift did you go with? I am will probably go with the TF leveling kit. I would rather go with a 2.5 lift, but I promised the wife I would take a break from big purchases for a little bit.:whistling:
I put the TF leveling kit on mine. Any more and I think it might make the 33's look small.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Looks nice but have to ask why not Duratracs ?

I have my MB TKO's here now just waiting on funds for the 33x12.50 Duratracs.Curious why you went with the Falkins, are they a better tire ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks nice but have to ask why not Duratracs ?

I have my MB TKO's here now just waiting on funds for the 33x12.50 Duratracs.Curious why you went with the Falkins, are they a better tire ?
I did consider the Duratracs but the Falkens seemed they would be a little more quiet, have a slightly stiffer sidewall and the Falkens cost less. Those reasons were enough for me since this is my DD and won't see as much offroading as I would like.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did consider the Duratracs but the Falkens seemed they would be a little more quiet, have a slightly stiffer sidewall and the Falkens cost less. Those reasons were enough for me since this is my DD and won't see as much offroading as I would like.
You took the word right out of my mouth. Was going to say the exact same things.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
I have the same wheels, different tires though. Mine are 15 X 8 with 35 X 12.5 X 15 GY MTR/K.

Please post pics when you get the Chaos caps on. I'm thinking about getting those also. Not crazy about the TKO cap.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the TKO center caps might slow down the tire thieves a bit more. How many come equipped with a correct sized hex wrench to get access to the lug nuts? Sure a crow bar can just break the covers off, might damage the rims in the process reducing their resale though.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
I think the TKO center caps might slow down the tire thieves a bit more. How many come equipped with a correct sized hex wrench to get access to the lug nuts? Sure a crow bar can just break the covers off, might damage the rims in the process reducing their resale though.
It would be the same with the Chaos caps -- both attach with the hex nuts.

I don't know about the Chaos caps, but the TKO caps have about a 1/4" gap between the cap and wheel. That would make it easier to pry off. Not sure if the Chaos would have the same gap?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It would be the same with the Chaos caps -- both attach with the hex nuts.

I don't know about the Chaos caps, but the TKO caps have about a 1/4" gap between the cap and wheel. That would make it easier to pry off. Not sure if the Chaos would have the same gap?
It doesn't look like you need to remove the Chaos caps to have access to the lugs. On a side note, my TKO's came with a set of Gorilla lugs from DT. They should be somewhat secure.

I will be getting the Chaos center caps delivered Tuesday. I will post up pics after I get them on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts