Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've got a 98 tj and I'm looking for a new cat back exhaust, I've found the Mbpr black series extremely eye catching.

Part number- S5500BLK but that's for 00-06.. The next part number is for the Mbpr cat back for my 1998 tj. Part number- S5512409

Now I was wondering if the specs are any different and I could end up putting the black series on with no issue...any advice??!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Okay I've got a 98 tj and I'm looking for a new cat back exhaust, I've found the Mbpr black series extremely eye catching.

Part number- S5500BLK but that's for 00-06.. The next part number is for the Mbpr cat back for my 1998 tj. Part number- S5512409

Now I was wondering if the specs are any different and I could end up putting the black series on with no issue...any advice??!
just my experience with the black series. I had the black series on my 09 4r JK and within a month the powder coat started to peal off, it looked like sh**, I was pissed and sent MBRP an several e mail's with no reply, I had to take it off and paint it with BBQ paint. I was very unhappy with MBRP's lack of response. The black series is even more expensive than the stainless kit.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheelerbob said:
just my experience with the black series. I had the black series on my 09 4r JK and within a month the powder coat started to peal off, it looked like sh**, I was pissed and sent MBRP an several e mail's with no reply, I had to take it off and paint it with BBQ paint. I was very unhappy with MBRP's lack of response. The black series is even more expensive than the stainless kit.
Gotchaaa, I was thinking form over function :/ not sure why but thanks for the input, I think I'm going to stay away from the black series even though it looks so badass. Won't even see it unless its on a lift hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.