Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I've got a 98 tj and I'm looking for a new cat back exhaust, I've found the Mbpr black series extremely eye catching.

Part number- S5500BLK but that's for 00-06.. The next part number is for the Mbpr cat back for my 1998 tj. Part number- S5512409

Now I was wondering if the specs are any different and I could end up putting the black series on with no issue...any advice??!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Okay I've got a 98 tj and I'm looking for a new cat back exhaust, I've found the Mbpr black series extremely eye catching.

Part number- S5500BLK but that's for 00-06.. The next part number is for the Mbpr cat back for my 1998 tj. Part number- S5512409

Now I was wondering if the specs are any different and I could end up putting the black series on with no issue...any advice??!
just my experience with the black series. I had the black series on my 09 4r JK and within a month the powder coat started to peal off, it looked like sh**, I was pissed and sent MBRP an several e mail's with no reply, I had to take it off and paint it with BBQ paint. I was very unhappy with MBRP's lack of response. The black series is even more expensive than the stainless kit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
00-06 has the flange style connecting the cat and muffler. The 98 you have has the slip joint style. Also, as Wheelerbob mentioned, you will have issues with the black peeling off.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheelerbob said:
just my experience with the black series. I had the black series on my 09 4r JK and within a month the powder coat started to peal off, it looked like sh**, I was pissed and sent MBRP an several e mail's with no reply, I had to take it off and paint it with BBQ paint. I was very unhappy with MBRP's lack of response. The black series is even more expensive than the stainless kit.
Gotchaaa, I was thinking form over function :/ not sure why but thanks for the input, I think I'm going to stay away from the black series even though it looks so badass. Won't even see it unless its on a lift hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts